All The Little Stories

Imma start a lil percabeth baby series along with some more of those past resolving ones, probably. I'm reading the Pj books again right now and guys, so much memories and good feels... It just brings me the joy I need rn for so many reasons! So we're going a little into the future.
Well, let's get this thing started.

You've already figured time isn't a big thing with me... Sorry

And if you got any percabeth future ideas maybe I'd write them in too! Just comment it and I'll see

.

"Mommy?" The exhausted child of Percy and Annabeth's yawned in her bed.
"Yeah? What is it Vic?" Annabeth said, picking up the last few toys from the floor. Annabeth was tired herself and the fact that she was pregnant didn't add up to the feeling better cards at all either.
"Can you tell me a story?" Victoria stirred and sat in her bed, eyes expectant and full of a new wave of energy.
Annabeth had almost forgotten. But as emotional or uncomfortable as she'd feel, she'd still make the time for her little girl. "You wanna hear the ones about my beads again or we're going for a book today?" Annabeth smiled at her. She always loved reading and singing to her, ever since they got her to their care, and she enjoyed it more so as Victoria grew older. Grew older... Victoria's hair was getting darker with every day, soon it'd be completely brown. The Poseidon genes started kicking in.
"Beeeads!" Victoria giggled from under her blanket with a toothy smile, kicking her feet around.
Annabeth had to smile, sometimes the night routines were like that, sometimes the kid passed out in front of a movie, and sometimes Annabeth wondered how could a child of the Sea god hate baths so much.
"O-kay... Which one." Annabeth held the necklace out to her, kneeling on the carpet in front of Victoria's bed, and turned back for a second as she heard Percy turn the shower off. Feeling the beads being tugged and twisted, she began praying he wouldn't fall asleep before she got into bed, she still wanted her well deserved back rub.
"The trident! Please." Victoria grinned.
Annabeth sighed in relief, she wasn't feeling like the first five or any other than her first two years with Percy. Those years were still easy to tell and very well in the bounds of child appropriate stories. The honest fact was that she didn't get just nine beads before she stopped collecting them for the summers, but ten, only the tenth one sometimes felt so heavy she wanted to burn it down. It had been lying in her library somewhere but she never put it on her necklace, like if that could erase the year she and Percy turned seventeen... But weren't exactly feeling like the Dancing Queens.
"You know this story so much you could tell it to me sweetie." Annabeth grinned. "But well... That was the year I met your dad, Percy. We were just twelve. How older is that than you?"
"Emmm, seven!" Victoria exclaimed proudly and Annabeth nodded, letting out a laugh.
"Yes... And well I was waiting for your daddy to arrive as if he were a prince on a white stallion. One day he came to camp but an evil monster took someone he loved very much!"
"The minotaur- he took grandma Sally-" Victoria whispered in her tiny voice. Annabeth winked at her and nodded slightly.
"So Percy, your daddy, was sad and scared of everything. We didn't get along at first... I was so excited to go out. I saw freedom in his coming, and even though our parents despised each other, we became friends soon enough. So when the time was right, we headed out on our first quest with uncle Grover and we travelled across the whole world to get to the Underworld where monsters awoke from their rest and the dogs loved red balls.
We did so much good on the way... And when we came back, the war between the gods was settled, finally. Your daddy went to Mount Olympus and talked to the gods, he-" Annabeth continued her story, telling more details about the funny chihuahuas and zebras and albino lions. About the time she was a child herself.
And soon enough Annabeth found she was talking to herself, Victoria's fallen asleep already and so Annabeth tucked her blanket and turned off the light to start the starry sky lamp they kept on. She closed the window and looked at Victoria once more.
"Are you coming to bed?" Percy whispered from the door.
"You didn't fall asleep, wow." Annabeth smirked.
"When did I ever fall asleep without my beautiful wife by my side?" Percy asked funnily enough. Annabeth stared at him, eyebrows cocked and slowly starting to laugh.
"Di immortales! Percy..." Annabeth exited the room quickly. She finally burst out laughing at the end of the corridor where she ran to.
Carefully Percy closed the door, saying a silent goodnight to Victoria.
They were 22 and so oddly adult. But of course they had their moments. Sometimes...
"Well come along minion." Annabeth said from the window by the door to their bedroom, still grinning. And she didn't exactly mean for it to come out the odd way it did but it was already said. It was one of those times...
Percy snickered. "Fine milady."
They didn't feel old in a single way, not even with a second kid to be born in 5 months. They were just 22 and already have achieved so much.
"Look at that Percy," Annabeth pointed out the window in such a calm way she might have been hypnotized. She was playing with the trident bead absentmindedly.
Percy came over slowly to look out at the sea, they built their house as close to the beach as possible so you could see the seafoam bubbling up as the waves crashed onto the shore.
The both of them took to staring at the moonlit sea, hands casually thrown over each other's backs. It was a full moon, and even though it was February, Annabeth could just jump in and not care.
Not only did her emotions spike up on occasions or did her cravings change from wanting weirdly Greek foods stuffed with olives to seafood and anything salty... Being pregnant with Percy's child brought some big and unexpected, yet she believed temporary, changes to her. If she forgot to drink for some time, water would start spewing from the sink or even the ground like this morning that she first took the dog out before taking care of herself or eating. She felt stronger and addictively energized when she took a shower or walked over the beach barefoot. It was amazing in ways. In her second trimester she still felt mostly great. She's been asking Sally millions of questions whenever they met, or often she'd call...
Percy was taking the pregnancy surprisingly better than Annabeth had expected. He'd never let her do any heavy lifting or much of the cleaning and daily works around the house, but he wasn't running around carrying her to the stairs or trying to mix into her work like everyone had joked he would.
They made an agreement in the beginning, whenever Annabeth would get annoyingly out of breath Percy could come help without her asking to... But she did ask... Tasks like putting socks on, let alone tying shoes, reaching for the books on the top shelf and more, were becoming just impossible. Plus she wasn't going to let all those backrubs and massages slip. The whole pregnancy was simply funny like that.
Sometimes Annabeth could swear they were expecting- no that couldn't be. But she still wondered that just maybe...
"Give me a backrub?" Annabeth smiled at Percy devilishly and he nodded with a grin already wide on his face.
"Anything for my queen." He said, opening the doors.
"I'm big and clumsy, not a royalty." Annabeth laughed to herself as she kicked off her socks and sat down on the bed. Finally!
"You're right." Percy shrugged. "To say it like-"
Annabeth stared at Percy in disbelief, finding where he was going with that talk.
"Ehm, if you say it like that then I agree. No queen does everything you do while creating a whole new human being... Neither goddesses take such patience and hard work to do it. Therefore you're just Annabeth. A woman greater than any other and so not in the measuring of weight." Percy stated.
"Wha-"
"I think I meant to say I love you and I'll give you that rub." Percy laughed.
"Probably?" Annabeth nodded.

They just loved each other... So much.

And soon there'd be much more to love in their little family.
They were going to see the baby on an ultrasound the next week at the 18 weeks appointment and they couldn't be more excited to finally find out the gender and share it with Victoria and Sally and Paul, all crammed in the room. It was a wild ride but all the same worth it.

-Vendy

Side note: that beads story thing... I'm a part time teacher in a kindergarten and my beads attract all the kids! I had them out of my sweater once (mostly I'd hide them so the kiddos don't grab at it as we got 1-5 year olds...) and they were just so genuinely interested in what they meant so I realized the percababies would be too
*I do have my own necklace, same count as Annabeth starting with Thalia's pine and ending with Empire State Building + the one bead I chose to stand for the Heroes of Olympus time in general + my father's ring! Now the ring might seem like I'm just copying Annabeth but nope, my dad gave me the ring once when I was basically dying of fever and all that fun and he gave it to me as a luck charm thingy in the midst of my delusional and panic attacks and I've worn it on my neck ever since for the reason he gave it to me. It was totally spontaneous and not like I'd ask him for it XD

Question: Do you have your necklace?