Christmassy (big surprise)

Before I start this chapter I want you all to look at what you have and appreciate it properly. I want you to not fight with your loved ones and I need you to not be sad for those who left you (like I had for many years... And trust me, it sucks). Just because you're blood doesn't mean they get a pass for being dicks. Sorry but it's so ;) That being said... just because they aren't blood doesn't mean they aren't your family. Take what you want from that and... ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS, CHRISTMAS, Hanukah, NEW YEAR... Whatever and all that you celebrate ✌ it's really not about the presents guys so don't go all Dudley-ish XD
.
.
.
As for Christmassy Percabeth, let's imagine Percy and Annabeth in matching sweaters... Yes, they specifically went shopping for those, or ordered them. Percy has a Christmas rose red one with 3 check boxes and a few words lined under the other... The first one says "naughty", the second "good", and the last one says "I tried". And yes it's the third box that has been checked. Annabeth's sweather says something along the lines "saving it from his tries" XD And it's all they need to be happy in the moment.
.
.
.
*Ya remember the Christmas Carol? Just a random thought XD*
.
.
.
*Percy, Annabeth and Victoria are spending Christmas holidays at Sally and Paul's with lil Estelle...
.
They're in their 20s and nothing is bothering them, Percy and Annabeth are finally at peace and the life they dreamed of has finally settled to the best that could ever be. But it's Christmas and Annabeth can't always be happy around that time of the year, can she? It's because she's lost too much. All the time she thinks of her lost friendships and of her father who never cared, she thinks of her now teen brothers who barely know her even though they moved across the statea to be closer, and she hides the tears until she's alone. Annabeth never lets anyone see that specific side of her, not unless she's accidentally exposed. It's just Percy and her closest friends.

"Hey theeere-" Sally walks in into the room where Annabeth's sitting on the bed, covered in a blanket with the book that's happy words reminded her of her own sorrows. Annabeth is silently sobbing away the tears.
Sally stops dead in her tracks and takes the scene in. Annabeth looks up at her. "Oh hi, sorry." She exclaims, surprised, and tries to look as cool as she can.
"No, I'm sorry, honey. I didn't mean to barge in like that, I thought you were out with Percy and the girls and I planned to-"
Wait a minute, Sally thought.
"Let some fresh air in... But what's with that long face, doesn't seem like the beginning of a book could be that sad."
Sally walks over to Annabeth and sits down to hug her. "So tell me, dear."
And Annabeth doesn't want to explain but the words flow out automatically, Sally can be trusted with her secrets. The demigoddes is a grown woman yet now she allows herself to feel like a child. She was never really anyone's child until she met Sally with her warm hugs and caring gestures, even though she had people who loved her dearly in camp. It's different when a person takes motherly/fatherly care of a hundred or a few.
As Annabeth describes the number of days her father hasn't even texted her a stupid message, Sally goes more determined in loving that girl than ever.
"Oh. That is not true my girl." Sally stops Annabeth as she starts going the it's all my fault way. "If I could choose anyone to be my daughter it would be you! Because there's nothing I don't love about you. I love the way you've loved Percy for all those years and how you willingly fought through all that was thrown in your face. I love all your imperfections too, and your passion and the way you care for small details and things I like. And if
I had to breathe for you then I would."
"You really- mean that?" Annabeth wiped her face, saying those words and some mutterings silently. Of course she knew and felt that but having confirmations and proofs was always nice to hear to athenians. "I'm sorry Sally, I must look like a wimp right now." Annabeth added. "My emotions are all over the place these days, I don't know..." She sobbed again a little, feeling sort of ridiculous by that time.
"Oh kiddo, if you only saw me every Christmas." Sally smiled.
"Why?" Annabeth asked curiously.
"Oh well, you know my parents died in the plane accident, you never forget that... Things happened. But then I had Percy! And that was the best thing that ever happened to me, to have him, to be his mother... But then I was alone with him too, you know, and that was sometimes hard." Sally admitted, clapping her hands down on her thighs. "But I got where I am right now and I wouldn't trade a moment of my past." Sally said with a reassuring pat on Annabeth's back.
"Hey is there something bothering you?" Sally asked heartedly as Annabeth took a deep shaky breath.
"No?" Annabeth laughed already with the sob. "Everything's perfect, honestly." She let out again.
"Well if there is something I'm always here." Sally tried hard not to laugh a little too.