Chapter 58 -

Allison had been to a number of hospital appointments, and Holly had been by her side through all of them. 4 months, 17 weeks, 119 days of loving their baby. And it hadn't even been born yet. They were completely infatuated with their baby. Seeing the tiny baby on the screen for the first time had made it all the more real. Holly refused to acknowledge that a baby could be so small, calling it a 'bean' instead of a baby. Allison thought this was hilarious, of course, and before long they were both referring to their baby as a tiny little bean.

Principal Morrison had found out Allison was pregnant, and was disappointed when he found out that the two of them were still dating. He understood that the two were going to continue being a couple, and eventually revealed that he was happy for Allison and their news.

------------- --------------------- -------------------

"What time is Laura coming round?" Holly asked, sticking her head around the bedroom door.

"6 I think. She said she would call before she came round." Her friend Laura had asked if the two of them would mind babysitting her son, Jamie, overnight.

Holly watched as Allison pulled her t-shirt over her head. Her baby bump sticking out slightly. She had started to show much sooner this time, and Holly loved seeing her without her shirt on. She couldn't believe their baby was actually in there.

"Can we find out?" Holly asked, sticking out her bottom lip.

"No."

"Oh, come on! Please?"

Allison finished getting dressed and scraped her hair back into a ponytail. "We've already spoke about this. I thought you were fine with not knowing what we were having? As long as it's human, I don't really care."

She laughed a little. "Fine. But you should know that you've hurt me deeply." She said sternly, pretending to be upset.

"Oh, I'm sure I can deal with that." Allison winked back at her and smacked her arm gently.

"You know, you're lucky you're carrying our child. Because I would've so beaten you up for saying that!"

She kissed her girlfriends forehead and the doorbell rang downstairs.

"Looks like she's here. So much for the phonecall." Allison muttered, leaving the room to go and answer the front door.

Laura was the type of person that would turn up when you least expected her. And she ALWAYS made last minute plans. She had called a little over an hour ago to ask if it was okay for her son Jamie to stay the night. The two of them didn't mind, but they'd hardly spent a night together in 3 months. Holly was working more shifts to earn more money for the baby and Allison worked a 8am - 6pm job five days a week.

"I'm so sorry about this! I got a call from the hospital last minute to go into work and his dad's on a business trip so there was no one else to look after him!"

"Don't worry about it. We love looking after him." Holly opened the door and Jamie shot in past her, heading straight for the living room.

"He has his things in here." She said, handing the backpack to me. "If you need anything then you can give me a call, but I'll be working a long shift so I won't be able to answer an.."

"Just go! We've looked after him plenty of times, he'll be fine. And if we need anything..I'm sure we can improvise."

Laura thanked both of them and then left quickly, clearly already late for her shift at the hospital. Holly closed the door behind her and shook her head, obviously struggling with the amount of words Laura had just thrown at her. In the living room, Jamie was sat on the couch waiting eagerly to play with his toys. He kicked his feet on the chair and wriggled out of his jacket. For a 4 year old, the amount of energy he had was unreal.

"What do you wanna do first?" Holly asked, setting his backpack down next to him.

He thought for a minute, and then his eyes lit up. He unzipped the bag and pulled out a book. He looked at Holly, waiting for an answer.

"It's not bed time yet, you know we only read at night time. What else you got in there?"

Sighing heavily, he put the book down and pulled out a Spiderman DVD. Holly rolled her eyes and Allison laughed. Jamie tookhis Spiderman everywhere he went with him, and was adamant they needed to watch it everytime he came round.

"Give it here then." Allison said, taking the DVD from him and putting it into the DVD player. Holly sat down on the couch and Allison sat down next to her. Jamie climbed on top of both of them and wriggled his way into the middle before resting his head on Holly's arm.

Allison had known him ever since he was born unlike Holly, but it was clear that he favoured her. Holly let Jamie get away with anything, she found it too hard to say no to him. If Allison ever said no to something, he would go and ask Holly who would always, always say yes.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- --

Just like last time, Jamie reenacted most of the movie. His arms thrashed around and the noises coming from his mouth were loud enough to wake the dead.

"Hey watch yourself kid, remember I told you that you gotta be careful around Ally?"

He stopped moving his arms around and nodded enthusiastically.

"When can I meet your baby?" He asked, looking at Holly and then towards Allison.

"Not for another few months. Baby still needs to grow a bit first and then it's time, okay?" 

"Okay. Will it be my friend?"

"It'll be your best friend, and then you can both play together." 

Satisfied with his answer, he went back to watching the TV for another few minutes.

"I'm bored." Jamie said, crawling onto my knee. 

"The movie's not even finished yet!"

"Don't wanna watch it. I'm hungry."

"What do you want to eat then?" Allison asked, her hand rested on her tiny bump.

"PIZZA!" He shouted, throwing his hands in the air.

Allison looked at the brunette for an answer. She knew Holly couldn't say no to the kid, no matter how much she wanted to. Holly got up from the couch and headed for the window. Jamie followed behind, tugging at her leg. She picked him up and pointed outside. It was raining.

"It's raining kid, don't you want something else?" She asked, tracing the running water droplets on the window pane with her finger.

He shook his head. "Pizza." The brunette looked back at Allison and she laughed.

"Pizza it is."

*Sorry for the short chapter, I know it's been a while! Also, I promise that Alex, Nicky and possibly even Elliott will be back in the story soon!! I did intend on bringing Laura & Jamie into the story sooner but I felt that now was the right time as Holly & Allison are preparing to have a baby and they need practice at looking after a kid! I hope you enjoyed it and don't forget to leave a comment :)*