Chapter 4 - Detention

The rest of the day dragged in slowly. She was excited but still slightly nervous. The type of nervous that made you feel sick to your stomach. This would be the first time that she'd spend any proper alone time with her. Of course, Elliot had pestered the life out of her all afternoon about what the two of them were going to get up to and by the end of the day, he had multiple bruises appearing on his arms from where Holly had been repeatedly hitting him.

"So, you gonna make a move?" Elliot asked as they walked down the hall. 

"Shut up El, its detention, that's all!"

"Oh yeah..because I'm sure you're only going there for detention." he replied, winking.

She managed to ignored him until both of them got to their Psychology classroom. "Anyways, I know you fancy the pants off her, anyone could see that!"

She smacked him hard on the arm and from behind her she heard someone clearing their throat. Elliot laughed and she turned around, her heart skipping a beat when she saw who it was. Shit! It was her! She had a smirk on her face and Holly felt her cheeks go red. Now would be a great time for the floor to just swallow her up.

"A..anyways, I'll call you later." Elliot called as he set off down the hall. Typical, as soon as things got awkward, he disappeared.

She followed Miss Laine into the classroom and her cheeks continued to burn. She'd hardly gotten the chance to speak to her and she was already making herself look like a love sick puppy. Something that she DEFINITELY wasn't.

"So, I have a pile of papers on my desk that I need you to help me with. Grading work isn't something I overly enjoy and you're pretty good at writing."

"Okay." She replied, brushing off the fact that she hadn't even turned in a paper yet.

She sat down a the desk opposite and began flicking through papers. They we're papers from the grade below hers, so she was able to pass over them quickly. After a few papers, her mind began to wander. She looked up slowly from the desk and over in the direction of Miss Laine, making sure to keep her head low. She was sat on the side of her chair and she was just able to catch a glimpse of her long, tanned legs. Her long blonde hair had fallen over her face and she was completely engrossed in her work, oblivious to the student who was now staring at her. Ugh, she was so out of her league, Holly thought to herself.

When she finally tried to get back into marking the essays, she begun thinking about what Miss Laine had said earlier. How did she know that she was so good at writing? She was yet to turn in any work which meant that she'd had no chance to look at her writing. And the only paper she'd been given so far was the one earlier in the day. The one that she'd only wrote her name on.

"How did you know I was good at writing?" She asked, starting the teacher.

"Sorry, what did you say?" She replied, looking up at me from her desk.

"My writing, how did you know I was good at it? I haven't handed any papers in yet."

She smirked slightly and Holly wondered what she was thinking.

"Okay...I'll confess." She laughed, holding up her hands. "Truthfully, I didn't really have anything worth doing during detention, other than making all of these papers. I found your file in the system which had your transferred work on it from your old school, so I took a look at it. You're writing is really good."

Wait, so that means that she actually taken an interest and bothered to look up her name?

"Oh, the ones that were entered when I asked to transfer? I didn't think they were all that good."