Chapter 50 - Battle Wounds

HAPPY CHAPTER 50!!

How could she possibly think that this wasnt her fault? How could she blame Allison for this?

Holly launched forwards, taking hold of the red head by the shoulders and tackling her to the ground. She sat across her chest, throwing her first towards her face. Left, then Right, then Left again.

Dani pushed her backwards and punched her in the stomach once again. Holly fell back hard onto the ground. There was an audible crack before she felt a jolt of pain rush through her head. She ran her fingers through her hair, feeling the warm blood trickle down her scalp and onto the back of her neck.

As she brought her hands up to her face, she realised they were covered in blood. Danis eyes widened and she stumbled backwards, shocked at what she had just done.

"You like punching people in the stomach, don't you?" Holly spat. "Is that what you did to Allison?"

"You're..you're only making this worse! You're bleeding!!" She replied, reaching out a hand to help Holly to her feet.

Holly pushed her hand out of the way and pounched on her once again. Her fists connected with the red heads face. Once, twice, three times. For a short while Dani fought back, digging her fingertips into Hollys arms, begging her to let go. Before long, she stopped thrashing around and became limp. Blood spurted from her mouth as Holly made one last punch to the side of her face.

Breathing heavily, she wiped the blood from the back of her head once more and stood up, stumbling backwards. Danis face was covered in blood, most of it pouring from her nose. Holly continued to breathe heavily. She felt faint.

Her vision began to blur as she stumbled back across the trail towards her car. Her heart was beating loudly in her ears and the world began to spin before her eyes.

And then everything went black.

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ -

It was getting dark outside, and Allison was getting worried. She'd managed a solid 3 hours of sleep and her stomach pains had subsided enough for her to get out of bed on her own and make her way downstairs. She'd read the note left by Holly, but she was unsure exactly how long she had been gone. Her mind taunted her with images of all the horrible situations she could have gotten into.The doctor had said to not introduce any unneccesary stress into her life, and she prayed that Holly wasn't out there causing trouble. Neither of them needed that right now.

Allison settled on the sofa with a blanket and flicked through the TV channels. There was nothing particularly exciting to watch, but she eventually settled on a re-run of CSI. It was the only thing that sounded even remotely interesting. After feeling her eyes becoming heavy, she sent a quick text message to Holly, before falling asleep again on the couch.

-------------- -------- ---------------------- --------------- --------------------- ---------------------- -----------------

There was a loud banging on the door that woke Allison suddently from her slumber. She made her way to the door, checking the clock hung on the wall as she went.

2:15

Through the frosted glass, she saw the red and blue flashing lights from outside of her home. She began to panic.

It was the police.

"Hi, I'm Officer Daley. Are you Miss. Allison Laine?" He questioned, holding an ID badge and a small torch up in front of the blondes face.