Chapter 30 - Never Let Me Go

Allison couldn't believe that she was really seeing her. She had often dreamt of their meeting, but nothing could really prepare her for the real thing. The last time Allison saw Holly, she was skinny and fragile. And although she was still skinny, Allison noticed that she was more muscular than previously.

"You look so different." Was the first thing Allison whispered. She almost believe it. Her hair was longer and instead of being black, it was now a dark brown and blonde at the ends. She had it tied up and she was wearing glasses too. Did she wear glasses now? Allison also noticed that her makeup was different too, she didn't seem to wear much eye liner anymore and she looked so much more grown up.

Holly smiled lightly and Allison noticed that she was looking at her own hair. She reached forward and ran her long, boney fingers through the ends of Allisons hair gently.

"Your hair." was all she said, looking into Allisons eyes.

Allison pulled down the good of her parka jacket and laughed nervously. She also noticed that the British girls accent seemed to be a lot thicker now, but she couldn't decide whether she had picked up her accent again, or whether it was just because Allison hadn't seen her in so long.

"I decided it was time for a change. I didn't really know what else to do with it."

The two of them looked back at one another for a minute or so, and the Allison averted her gaze towards the ground.

"Why are you here?" Was the next thing that came out of Hollys mouth.

Allison thought for a second, hoping her answer would be written on the ground.. "I..I don't know."

"Why now?" She mumbled.

"I had to see you. I had to know you were okay."

Holly slid her hands into her pockets and let out a sigh."

"I'm fine. Actually, i'm doing great. Alex did the right thing bringing me back here. I've got a good job now, and Ayla's helped me so much."

"Your girlfriend." Allison spoke, the words spilling from her mouth before she had the ability to stop herself..

Holly raised her eyebrow and shot the older woman a confused look.

"Alex told me. I'm happy for you, really I am. But I just had to make sure you were okay and I can see you are doing just fine. I'm really sorry for showing up like this and maybe it was a bad idea. I just wanted and hoped that you would forgive me, I couldn't live my life knowing that I'd hurt you. It was never my intention, and I know that what I did was wrong, so so wrong. I can promise now, I won't ever bother you again."

Allison knew she had to leave before she started to cry again. She knew she was such a cruel person and running away was the only thing she knew how to do. She scurried off down the road and even though she had no idea where she was going, Allison knew she had to get away before she hurt Holly again.

"Is that it? Are you just going to leave me again?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When she was back in the house, she heard her girlfriend shouted to let her know that she was upstairs. Holly sat down on the bed and didn't say a word. Alya put her arm around her and held her tightly.

"Babe, you're freezing!" Alya exclaimed, rubbing her girlfriends back.

She was deep in thought and had zoned out completely. Her eyes were fixated on the wall but she was lost in her own thoughts.

"Babe?"

She rubbed her eyes, startled.

"What? Sorry, I must've been day dreaming. God I'm freezing."