Chapter 32 - Heart To Heart PT. 2

"Can you spend the night with me? I don't want to be Alone."

Holly thought before she spoke. She wondered whether or not this was going to be a good idea as she had already technically cheated on her girlfriend Alya, and she didn't want to be more unfaithful than she had already. However, she found it impossible to leave Allison on her own, especially after what she'd been through previously.

"Sure. But I need to go and tell Alex I'm leaving. He'll worry about me if I don't come home and I have a girlfriend so I can't just him to expect me to be out with a girl I've just met. Here's the number of a taxi, i'll be back in a few minutes.

Holly made her way back into the club to say goodbye to Alex and Allison called a cab and told them the name of the hotel they wanted to go to.

"Hey, Alex." She shouted, grabbing Alex and shouting in his ear over the loud music. 

"Hey! Where have you been?" Alex was already beginning to get drunk.

"Outside, look...I gotta leave okay. Allison had a run in with Jordan outside and she's pretty upset about it. I know he's harmless but she's not in a fit state to go home by herself so i'm Gonna take a taxi with her to make sure she's safe. I'll kip there and get a taxi back tomorrow. See you in the morning, text me when you get home and stay safe. Love you."

"Stupid son of a bitch, I'll call him tomorrow. See you later and I love you too."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50 minutes later the two of them arrived outside of the hotel. Holly paid the taxi fare much to Allisons annoyance and they went inside. Allison led the way to her room and they both stepped inside after she unlocked the door.

"Hey, i've been here before." Holly said, kicking off her shoes and throwing herself down on the bed.

Allison laughed. "It's cute around here, I don't understand why you don't like it."

"Trust me, you'd soon get tired of it. It's homey and cosy but I'm more of a city person myself."

Allison took off her shoes and laid back down on the bed and sighed. She was so tired after today. For a while the two of them lay side by side in complete silence. Honestly, it was extremely overwhelming for them both to be so close to each other after they hadn't seen each other for over a year.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Allison smiled, catching Hollys gaze.

"It's just..been a while since i've saw you."

The smile left Allisons face. She knew it was her fault that the two of them hadn't seen each other..

"You're sad." She whispered.

 "I'm the reason you left, Holly. It's my fault that we haven't seen each other in a year. I can't believe I hurt you that bad that you had no other choice but to leave the country."

Holly placed her hand on Allisons stomach. 

"All I ever wanted was to be happy.. And you did make me happy. You made me the happiest I had been for a very long time. I'm so sorry that I left but I didn't know what else to do.I can't face the truth so I run away, I mean for Christ sake, I ran away to America after my parents died. Thats the way it's always been." She sighed and closed her eyes.  "I don't want this to sound horrible but, you've apologised many times before, how do I know this won't happen again? But you also can't blame everything on yourself. I was a part of this mess too, I'm not innocent either."

"Can we..can we lie together? Like we used to?" She asked.

With emphasis on the 'used' Holly knew what she meant. She nodded, and then turned around and sat on the end of the bed with her back to Alison whilst she got out of her clothes. Once she felt the duvet lift up, she stood up and began to undress. Holly didn't bother asking her to look away because she knew that Allison was probably too shy to look anyways, plus she'd seen her many times before so it didn't matter.

Holly got under the covers beside her and held her from behind. Her hair tickled lightly on her face and she still smelled like she used to. Holly rested her hand on Allisons  stomach like dhd always did and the other propped her up on her side so that she could look at her properly.

"Allison?" 

"Yeah?" She asked, moving closer into the younger girls body.

"Why did you come here straight after term ended? I mean, don't you have work to sort out and things like that??"

Allison paused for a moment. "..What job?"

Holly was confused. "Your teaching job?" She asked, puzzled.

Allisons eyes shut tightly. "I don't have a job anymore."

Holly was lost for words. Allison loved that job, why wasn't she working there anymore?

"What do you mean? What happened? Why did you quit?"

"I didn't quit, I got fired."

"Fired? Why? I thought you said..."

"Elliot." She blurted out, continuing to stare at the wall ahead of her.

"You what? Elliot? What did that asshole do?"

Allison didn't reply, but Holly knew that something bad had happened. Fucking Elliot. Holly continued to hold onto the blonde tightly, scared that Allison would disappear and this would all disappear if she were to let go,

"Allison, please tell me what happened. I know you wouldn't do anything to risk a job that you loved so much. I just want to help you."

"After you left, Elliot continued to blame me for what happened. I tried to get in touch with you but the number wasn't recongised, that's when I realised you'd changed your number. He stopped turning up to my classes and I knew that he was in school. I went to the principals office to make a complaint and he sat me down..and he told me that I'd have to leave the school. Apparently, Elliot had reported me..for having a relationship with a student. He'd told Mr Morrison that he felt uncomfortable being around me, thats why he wasn't in lesson."

Holly was shocked, angry and upset. Why would he do that do her? After everything that had happened. 

"Did anyone else get involved? The police, school governors?"

"Fortunately, no. Chris was a friend of my dad's and although he understood you were 18 and it was legal, he told me I'd have to leave incase it happened again. He couldn't put the other students at risk so I had to go."

"Fuck. When did this happen?"

"About 6 months after you left. I guess Elliott missed you too much, and he had to find a way of dealing with it. It wasn't his fault."

"Not his fault?! Al, he could've got you arrested, this is ALL his fault. Fuck, have you heard from him since?"

"No, not since I left."

Holly couldn't believe he had betrayed her like that. They used to be best friends and after all, he was partly the reason that she had left. If Elliot hadn't fucked things up, her and Allison and would've been okay. Their relationship would've been great. All Holly wanted to do was tell him exactly what she thought of him and punch his scrawny little face in. But  he was 4,500 miles across the sea, and that was going to be difficult.