Chapter 8 - Kiss You

"Come on sleepy head, I think it's time you get yourself to bed."

Holly was awoken by a pair of arms around her waist, lifting her gently from the couch she was sat on.

"What time is it?" She asked, squinting her eyes so that she could just barely see through the darkness.

"Just gone midnight. You've been asleep for a couple of hours - I was going to wake you but I knew you were tired and it's a miracle you managed to get yourself comfortable."

Holly smiled at the thought of Allison's kind gesture, although she doubted that she was able to see her smile because it was so dark. It was difficult getting up the stairs because her body had become stiff from being in the same position for so long, but she was relieved when the double bed finally came into her view.
She perched herself on the edge of the bed and Allison began pulling her jumper up over her head.

"God I feel like a kid again." She groaned.

"I'm here to help, Holly. You've got to stop getting embarrassed about this. It isn't your fault."

As the jumper came up and over her head, she quickly remembered that she'd forgotten to wear anything other than a sports bra underneath her hoodie. When the hoodie was off, she sat awkwardly with her arms across her stomach as Allison laid her hoodie over the chair in the corner. I pulled it down quickly and i could feel my face turning red. 

"Guess I should probably start wearing t-shirt's underneath my hoodies." Holly laughed nervously. "I wondered when that would come back to haunt me."

Allison shook her head and laughed, leaning in and placing a small kiss on the top of Holly's forehead once she'd gotten herself into bed.

"Goodnight. You know where I am if you need me okay?"

"Yeah, thanks."

She lingered by the door for a second, making sure that Holly was settled and in no pain.

"Allison?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks, for letting me stay. And thank you for earlier, for listening to me. It's the first time I've spoken about it in so much detail for a while now."

"It's what I'm here for." She smiled. "Goodnight."

Holly laid on her back in the dark, thinking of how she'd managed to get herself into this situation. Yesterday, she was avoiding Allison in any way possible thanks to the kiss they'd shared, and now she was laying in her house being taken care of after she'd gotten herself into a fight. She knew herself that Allison could get into serious trouble if anyone was to find out, and she knew that she'd probably lose her job because of it.
Realising she wouldn't be able to sleep anytime soon because she was still processing the days events, she grabbed her phone and sent a text to Elliot.

"Hey, where the hell were you today? Look, I need a favour from u."

2 minutes later the phone vibrated on the mattress.

'My uncle needed some help at work. I tried calling but u but I couldn't get any service. Whats the favour? Am I picking u up tomorrow morning?'

She quickly typed out a reply. "I won't be showing up at school for a few days, got into some trouble with a few girls at lunch today and long story short - I ended up with 3 broken ribs and a broken fucking nose. She's in our Psychology class but I don't know her name. I'll deal with her when I feel up to it. Can u let the principal know that I'll call him tomorrow sometime? Thx dude."