Chapter 20 - 07.01.14

When Holly finally woke up, she was alone in her bed. She stretched out and reached for the warmth of her, but she wasn't there. She looked at the clock and it read 2:30am. Realising Allison must've carried her to bed, she reached out to the bedside table for her phone, hoping that maybe she'd left her a message. Instead, she was left with a handwritten note that read-

"I know you always used to be self conscious about anyone carrying you, but I couldn't bare to wake you up and I didn't want you sleeping on the couch all night. Besides, you're as light as a feather and I'm sure you'd appreciate waking up in your own bed. Hope you sleep well, see you tomorrow at school.

                            Love - A x x"

Holly rolled over and pulled the duvet over her head. It was nice of her to bring her to bed, and as much as she respected the fact that Allison had left her, a part of her was wishing that she would've stayed. She groaned at the thought of her memory teasing her with little pieces of Allison. It seemed as though she was ready to remember Allison, but her brain wasn't.

School was unbearable the next day. She'd felt slightly unwell when she woke up and being around all of these other people was testing her patience. She didn't like it, and her brain didn't like it either. The pushing and shoving of everyone in the hallways was making her uncomfortable, and she was still worried that someone might knock her over; causing her to hit her head. Elliot suggested that she should be wrapped in bubble wrap, as it appeared that she was having the worst luck in the world since moving here  

By the time 4th period came, She was more than ready to go home and rest. Her legs were weak and the crutch she carried got in the way of everything which annoyed her. Her hands became clammy and she soon realised her whole body was beginning to sweat. Before she knew it, she was down on the floor with Elliot calling her name  

-----------------------

She woke up in the nurses office. Elliott was hanging over her and when he moved slightly she was blinded suddenly by the light on the ceiling.

"Thank god you're ok!" He squealed.

"What are you talking about? Why am I in here?"

The nurse came over and put her hand on Hollys head. She was hot to the touch and still burning up a little. .

"Elliott told me that the doctor recommended you have another 4 weeks off school. You just passed out from exhaustion, it's nothing major. However, I suggest you go home and rest. You should've listened to your doctor, he knows whats best for you."

Holly had to admit, she has came back to school earlier than what was advised, but she just wanted to put things back to normal. Staring at the 4 walls of her house all day was beginning to stress her out. Once She was feeling a little better and the nurse had checked her over one last time, she handed Holly a slip that would allow her to leave school and go home  

"Hey Elliott, could you take me home? I'd walk but I'm frightened I might pass out again.."

"Sure. Do you wanna stay over with me? My parents wouldn't mind, in fact, my mom would love to see you again  She always talks about you."

Holly declined. "It's fine, really. I'm gonna give Alex a call and see when he's next coming over. He text me the other night and said he'd be back again soon. I'm sure he'd look after me. Thank's though."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allison had became worried about Holly. She hadn't turned up for class. Come to think of it, neither had Elliot. Maybe they were just messing around elsewhere, she thought to herself. She thought about sending a report to the office; but she decided to let it go.. Maybe they'd got caught up in the library or something.

The minutes ticked by.

10 minutes.

15 minutes.

25 minutes.

She'd  just about given up waiting for them when the classroom door slammed shut, starling her from the work that she was marking  

"Sorry i'm late. Been to the nurses office." It was Elliot.

He dragged his bag to his seat, flung it under the table and sat down.

"Note?" Allison asked, folding her arms.

Elliot glared back at her, the slight tension becoming apparent as a few students lifted their heads from their work and watched the staring war that was now happening  

"No. We had an accident in the hallway." He spoke finally.

"We?"

The whole class had now left their work and were watching what was happening,, probably hoping that there was going to be an argument.

"Holly collapsed in the hallway. I took her to the nurses office and then I had to drive her home because there was no other way she could get home other than walk. If you want to give me detention then whatever, I was only helping a friend."

Allison pretended not to sound too concerned, but failed terribly. .

"Is she okay?"

"Exhaustion." he muttered. "She came back to school too early."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After just managing to get herself changed and settled on the couch, she heard a knock at the door. Who could it be? Elliot had left almost an hour ago and at 12:45 in the afternoon, she wasn't expecting any visitors  

She dragged herself slowly  to the front door and looked through the spy hole. It was Allison.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have classes to teach?" Holly asked, confused as to why Allison was stood out on the porch at this time of day.

"Lunch time. Are you ok?"

"Wow, gossip travels fast in that school doesn't it?"

Holly let her in and followed her into the living room, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she went, being careful not to bump into anything.

"Elliott told me. I asked why he was late to my class and then he told me you'd collapsed. What happened?"

Holly sat down In the chair next to the window. "I don't know. I hadn't been feeling well all day. I was on my way to your lesson when I got all hot and light headed. Next thing I knew, I was in the nurses office with Elliot hovering above me, probably making sure that I was still alive."

"So are you okay?"

Holly laughed and then smiled. Allison was concerned and holly found it cute.

"I'm fine. She said it was Exhaustion. I came back to school 'too early'. I was supposed to be off school for another month but I was just so tired of staying at home, I wanted to go back."

"Doctors always right." she raised her eyebrows in an authorative manor. .

"Yes mother."

Holly watched Allisons face until the sides of her mouth began to curve into a smile, then the two of them started to laugh simultaneously.

"I'm really okay you know. You should get back to work. I'll call you later if I need anything. I don't want you getting into trouble."

"If you're sure. I'll call you when I finish up at school. If you want me to come around just let me know, I don't mind. Be careful okay, and don't be going out anywhere. You need to rest."

"I will, I promise. Now go. Traffic gets busy at lunch times. If you don't go now you'll get caught up in it."

She smiled and kissed Hollys head gently  

When she was out of the room, Holly sighed loudly and rested her head on the back of the chair.

"OH! And put some warm clothes on!" she screamed from the hall before leaving and closing the door behind her.

Holly laughed and looked down at the tank top and sweatpants that she was wearing. Allison was so much like her mum