Chapter 1 - A New Day

Her alarm woke her from her last dream of the night at 6:45am. Rubbing her eyes, she groaned as she rolled over in confusion and tried to find the clock on the bedside table. She had never been a very good sleeper, and the night had gone by quickly, leaving her with the feeling that she'd only been asleep for no longer than 5 minutes. After finding her barings, she pulled back the covers and got out of bed, making her way to the bathroom. After a quick shower, she dried her hair and pulled it back into a ponytail, leaving her side fringe tucked back behind her ear. 

Her name was Holly Dean and she had moved to Ohio a couple of months ago. Tragedy had stuck her family, leaving her parents dead after a tragic shooting. As a last resort, she ditched everything in her hometown in England and moved to Ohio in hope of a new start. Her older brother, Alex insisted that she stayed at home so he could look after her, but she knew deep down she would be better on her own. She knew she'd be able to take care of herself. Both her parents had had pretty great jobs which meant her inheritance left her with enough money to afford somewhere decent to live. 

After finishing her hair and makeup, she pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans and rolled up the bottoms, a habit she'd gotten into after her mother used to buy her jeans that were too long for her in the leg. She teamed it with a long white t-shirt and a pair of white Vans. It was a little cold outside so she decided on wearing a jacket too, knowing she'd be able to put it in her locker through they day if she got too hot. She grabbed her backpack and headed out of the door, making sure she locked it behind her. She'd been dreading this day for weeks and couldn't believe it was finally here. She wondered how people would react to her and her accent. Would they pry into her private life? How would they feel when they found out about her parents? She wasn't worried about being bullied, as she could stand up for herself quite well. She just couldn't be bothered with all of those fake bullshit "I'm sorry for your loss" comments.

The school was roughly a 20 minute walk from her apartment and when she reached the school, she stopped suddenly in front of the gates to read the welcome school.  "WELCOME TO PERRY HIGH SCHOOL" Taking a deep breath, she made her way into the building.

She was welcomed by a short, jolly looking lady with glasses at the front desk who handed her the timetable for the day and flashed her a smile.

"Welcome to Perry High School. I know it looks a little intimidating from the outside, but I promise you the staff and most of the students are friendly. My name is Ms. Dixon and if you have any issues please don't hesitate to come and find me and I'll try my best to help you."

After thanking the new teacher, she checked her timetable and headed off to her first class of the day.

1st Period - Algebra I

2nd Period - English

3rd Period - Chemistry

4th Period - Music

5th Period - History

6th Period - Psychology

Her teacher for Algebra was a man named Mr Lang for Algebra and he was really strict. She was introduced to the class, and then shouted at for sitting in the wrong seat. Next. she had Mr Payne and he was okay,  although he made her sit next to this weird kid who kept sniffing and kicking his foot on her chair leg. He must've had allergies or the flu but either way, someone should've taught him to use a tissue. At break time, she sat on the wall outside and watched as hundreds of students passed her by. Some of their stared at her and whispered to their friends, aware that she was the new stranger in the school.

3rd and 4th Period went by quickly, she had a teacher called Mr Green for Music and  a really wacky old lady named Mrs Morel for Chemistry. She was ancient and looked like the type of science teacher who loved to blow stuff up whenever she got the chance.