Chapter 6 - It was a Mistake

Her alarm woke her up at 7am like every other day. That same annoying sound that brought her closer and closer to smashing it into a million pieces every time she heard it ring out.

She dragged her ass out of bed and made her way to the bathroom, one eye still tightly shut. She brushed her teeth and groaned as she looked at myself in the mirror through tired eyes. Her hair was a mess and she had dark circles under her eyes - resembling something similar to a drug dealer.
Today she was wearing grey skinny jeans, a plain white t-shirt, a pair of white vans and an oversized denim jacket. She tried to dress 'nice' in hope of distracting people from the sad mess that was her face this morning.  She quickly tied her hair up into a ponytail again and decided against wearing any makeup because she really couldn't be bothered.

After waiting outside for roughly 20 minutes, she realised Elliot wasn't going to turn up. Pulling her jacket around her body, she knew she was going to have to walk. She didn't mind walking, in fact she loved it - but the weather was different from yesterday. The weather felt the exact same way that she did. She couldn't see more than 10 feet in front of her and the rain was drizzly. She thought that maybe Elliot had forgot about her, but when she entered the school gates she found that his car wasn't in the car park.

Homeroom was boring as always and her first 4 lessons dragged in as usual. Mrs Morel almost blew her ass off in Chemistry when she tried her hand at making a mini rocket and it fired into her chair, and she got a written warning from her Algebra teacher for cussing when he threw a text book and it hit her on the head. It was obviously his fault but whatever, he was a dick anyways.

She spent lunch on my own in the hallway as Elliot wasn't in school today and she ate her lunch in the bathroom. How cliche is that? You know in movies when the girl doesn't have any friends so she eats her lunch in a toilet cubicle? That was totally her.

 Just as she was making her way over to her locker, she heard her name being called out.

"Hey, Holly?"They called.

She turned around and was greeted by a bunch of about 4 girls.

"That's me." She replied, knowing they were probably going to start bullshit with her. They weren't the type of people who would want to 'just be friends'.

"Wheres you're little faggot friend today?" Another snorted.

"Excuse me?" Holly retorted, raising her eyebrow at the girl stood in front of her.

"You heard her." One of her other friends called.

"I wasn't asking you, I was asking her." she spoke, pointing to the girl who was obviously considered the 'leader' of their group.

"So, where is he? Did he finally get that hiding that he really deserves?"

"Who the hell do you think you are? Do you think you're cool, calling him names in front of your pathetic group of friends?"

"Sorry I forgot." She snorted. "Of course you're going to stick up for him. You make a good couple, the GAY and the LESBIAN." she shouted, earning a giggle from her other friends.

"Why don't you watch you're fucking mouth? How about you and your other friends back the fuck up and disappear in the same direction you came from. Or better yet, who don't you go and jump back on the last dick you were riding? I'm sure you'd have a wide variety to choose from."

None of them replied but instead, the tallest of the group lunged at Holly, pushing her back up against the locker. Her head hit the door with such a force that the other lockers rattled one by one.