Chapter 36 - Leaving On A Jet Plane

After showering together, the two of them went out for something to eat.

They both knew they had a lot of talking and catching up to do, so after they got their food, they went back to Allisons hotel room so they could talk while they ate. Allison told her all about America whilst Holly had been away, and Holly told Allison about her new job. 

"If you're coming back to America, what are you going to do about your job?"

"I'll look for something else I guess. My boss is great so I don't think he'll hold any grudges against me. My term is almost finished so I should be able to find something else back in Ohio and then I'll be fully qualified and I can start looking for work. And if it doesn't work out then I can always find something else."

"Are you sure? You could always finish your term here and then fly back out to Ohio?"

"Allison, I want to be with you. Stop worrying okay, I know what I want."

After finishing their lunch, Allison began packing her case as Holly dozed off on the bed. She'd agreed to help Allison pack her case, but she'd closed her eyes for a few minutes and before she knew it, Allison was shaking her to wake her up. 

"Tired?" She asked.

"Fuck. Yeah, sorry. You should've woken me."

"It's fine. You were up early, plus you looked pretty out of it. And anyways, I like watching you sleep. You look cute. And you don't snore, so that's a bonus."

Holly laughed. "What time is it?"

"4pm. The cab will be here in about 15 minutes."

She stumbled into the bathroom and splashed her face with cold water as a last minute attempt to wake herself up before the long journey ahead of her. After this, she took the cases outside to the taxi whilst Allison checked out and handed back her room key.

As Allison got into the taxi beside her, Holly leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"What was that for?"

"Just because I can. It feels like I don't have to hide anymore."

She grabbed hold of Hollys hand and smiled. "I love you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 weeks later, she was back to enjoying her life at home. Well, not her actual home.

But this felt like home to her.

The two of them had decided that Holly would live with Allison and the bills would be split between them once Holly got a job. She had mentioned wanting to sell her old Apartment, but Allison had persuaded her not to.  The two of them had a lot of memories in that apartment and neither of them wanted to let them go. Holly also hadn't told Elliott that she was back in Ohio, but she knew she was going to have to talk to him at some point.

Allison had called Mr Morrison and thankfully, he'd agreed to a meeting with the two of them in a couple of days. Well, he didn't know that Holly was going to be there. But she knew that she had to try and convince him to let Allison back into her old job at the school.

Allison held onto Holly like a child to their favourite teddy as she slept. Being the first one awake, Holly had tried moving quietly so that she could get comfortable, but Allison was a light sleeper. Holly stayed silent and still, hoping that Allison would just fall back to sleep. She yawned and stretched out, then rolled over so she was facing Holly. 

"Hey." She whispered, groggy from her sleep.

"Hi." Holly replied quietly. "Sleep well?"

"Not too bad, but I have an awful stomach ache."

Holly was beginning to get concerned. This was the third time this week that Allison had complained of a stomach ache and she hated the thought of her being ill.

"Maybe it's just your time of month?" Holly questioned. "Sometimes you can get stomachaches  beforehand."

"Yeah, that's probably why. It was supposed to happen last week, but maybe It's just the stress. Anyways, laying in your arms is enough to make me feel better."

Holly kissed the top of her head and sighed, hoping that it was just stress that was making her ill and nothing worse.

The two of them lay silent and Holly was just about to drift off to sleep when Allison lept out of the bed and out of the doorway, down the hallway to the bathroom. There was a loud bang as the door slammed shut and then coughing. Holly jumped out of bed and made her way down towards the bathroom. She knew Allison was throwing up. This was the second time this week.

She found Allison kneeling over the toilet. Holly bent down beside her and held her hair so that she didn't throw up in it.

"You're okay. Come here." Once Allison had reassured her that the nausea had subsided, Holly leant against the bath and pulled her in close. She knew how much Allison hated throwing up. She rubbed her back and pushed the hair out of her face, she was pale and had very little energy.

Holly picked her up her my arms and carried her back to the bedroom. Allison looked exhausted, like she'd been working hard. Holly lay her down in their bed and pulled the covers back over her. She ran downstairs to get her a drink and sprinted back up quickly, scared that if she left her for too long she might disappear and this might all be a dream.

Holly set the glass down on the side and crawled up beside Allison, holding her tightly.

"What is wrong with me?" She asked, her eyes almost pleading for an answer.

Holly thought for a while, and then she came to a sudden realisation. It seemed as though Allison was the only one who was totally oblivious to what was happening.

"Are you sure it's just stress that's making you feel like this?"

"I don't know what else it could be. I mean, I've been so stressed out these past couple of weeks and I'm really freaking out at the thought of going back to that school. I want my job back so much but I don't think what I've done can be excused. Besides, my period is late and it always ends up being late when I'm stressed out."

The two of them stared back at one another, Holly making it painfully obvious that this couldn't just be stress. And then, just like that, Allisons eyes widened as she realised what Holly was thinking.

**UPDATED 23RD MAY 2018**