Chapter 29 - Family

Welcome to the last chapter! Please read the A/N at the end :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Lisa POV

Today was the day. I pulled my shirt over my head carefully as I looked in the mirror. My reflection showed a skinny, fragile, perhaps scared girl. I couldn't explain the feeling in my stomach as I brushed my hair, getting ready for today.

Every day for the past two years had been hard on me. Every day I wondered: why did she do it? Why did she give me away?

Until Jennie came into my life, I had never thought I'd be loved again. I'd have never thought someone would want me, the girl who killed her father.

But together me and Jennie have been through so much, we love each other unconditionally. I know she would never harm me.

I smiled at the thought of my girlfriend and carefully put the brush back on her desk. She told me everything would be alright, and I believe her.

I walked downstairs, Jennie and the rest sat on the couch, talking. As she spotted me, Jennie got up and handed me my coat. "Ready?"

I nodded. I was ready. Everyone got up to hug me and wish me luck. I felt warm and happy as we shared a group hug, these are the people that saved me from the horrible life I had.

Jisoo, Chaeyoung, Jungkook, Taehyung, and of course my Nini. They are my family.

Once we released the hug, Jennie and I exited the house. We walked along the street, hand in hand.

"Are you nervous?" Jennie asked. I nodded my head and sighed. I felt her squeeze my hand softly in reassurance, making me feel soft. She cared so much for me, it made my heart flutter.

She started humming a song while I guided her to the house. My house, or at least, my old house.

I hoped she was still there, but my hopes were shattered once we reached the house. On the front porch, a little boy sat on the ground, playing with a toy car. There were two chairs and a table and some more toys scattered around the place. Mom definitely doesn't life here anymore.

Beside me, I heard Jennie sigh. "What do we do now?" I asked her. She looked me in the eyes with determination and said: "We will find her, no matter what."

I gulped and nodded, not sure what she was planning. But before I knew, I no longer felt her hand in mine and watched as she stepped forward to the little boy. I watched as she crouched down and said something to him, he smiled and nodded and ran into the house.

A few moments later, the little boy returned with his mother, a pretty young woman with long black hair. She smiled at us and asked us what's the matter.

"Do you perhaps know where the woman who lived here lives now?" Jennie asked politely. The woman's eyes widened. "Are you Lalisa, then?"

Jennie and I both gasped and I stepped forward shyly. "I'm Lalisa."

The woman, who now introduced herself as Park Ara, ran back into the house to grab a paper. On it was an address. "Your mother told me to give you this, Lalisa." She said. I smiled and thanked her.

Jennie bowed to Mrs Park and high-five the little boy before we left to find the new address where, hopefully, my mother lives.

-

We stood in front of a small, comfortable looking home with a nice garden. My mom always loved gardening. This was address on the paper, this had to be it.

I felt my hands shake a little, I slowly started panicking. What if it goes wrong? What if she's gone?

Jennie sensed my panic and threw an arm over my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. "Everything will be fine Lili, I promise." I hugged back, knowing that this person would never let me down. I trusted her with all my life, and if she tells me everything will be alright, it will be. She pecked my lips and put a comforting hand on my back.

We walked up to the front door and I rang the bell. Jennie held my hand and we waited for an answer. I heard soft shuffles inside the house. My heart thumped in my chest, I couldn't control it.

When the door opened, and I saw who opened it, my tears started streaming. It was her, it was really her!

"Lisa?" She gasped, and I jumped into her arms. "Oh, my baby, my baby is back!" She cried and held me tightly. An intense feeling of happiness waved over me, I was finally complete again. I was finally able to put the past behind me and enjoy all the beautiful people I had in my life now.

I released the hug, but never let go of my mom. "Hi, mom." I cried. Mom laughed and caressed my cheeks.

"My beautiful baby," She whispered. "I'm so, so sorry for everything."

I shook my head and hugged her again. "Don't be, I'm fine now."

Mom shook her head as tears flowed down her face. "I should've never left you there baby, I'm so so sorry." She cried. I smiled, she really didn't want to leave me.

"Mom, it's okay, really." I whispered. "If it wasn't for you, I would've never met Jennie."

My mom looked at me confusedly. I grabbed Jennie's hand and pulled her in front of mom. "Mom, this is Jennie, my uh..girlfriend." I smiled.

Jennie stepped forward and extended her hand. Mom blinked a few times before shaking it, smiling as she darted her eyes between me and Jennie. "It's nice to meet you, Jennie." She said.

Mom invited us to come in and made us a cup of tea. I remember drinking mom's tea all the time before all this happened. We sat down at the dinner table. "So, please tell me all about what happened." Mom asked as she added sugar to our tea.

Jennie and I started talking. We told mom everything that happened, from the moment we met to the moment we fell in love. We told her about the doctor and the trial, and of course about Jennie's family, who were now my family as well.

Mom listened with occasional gasps and wide eyes where the story turned bad, and smiles when we told her how we stuck together the whole time. She cried when we told her how I almost died, and clenched her cup of tea in anger when we told her how the doctor manipulated the judge.

After our story was done, she sighed and put down her tea. "You've been through so much my poor babies." She said as she wiped her tears. Jennie reached for my hand and squeezed it tightly. "But we stuck together, and that's what saved us I think."

I nodded and rested my head on her shoulder. Mom smiled at us and put her hand on top of ours. "Just know that from now on and forever, you have me to count on, both of you."

Jennie nodded and I just smiled, enjoying how my family was finally completed. I had my mom back, an amazing girlfriend, and family I could count on forever and ever.

It truly is a happy end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was it!! This book finally comes to an end 🎉 a happy end even.

Soon I will start a new book for you babes! But the question is, which one? I've had many many comments on my ideas and you liked them all😱

So to be fair, I put the books with the most comments down below so you can vote again. For some stories you can also vote if you want top Lisa or top Jennie 😘

1. Space Doc: Where Jennie is a new astrology teacher and Lisa is her worst student. What happens when Lisa convinces Jennie to give her some extra credit? (CHOOSE WHO TOPS)

2. Have We Met?: Instagram story where model Lisa meets Jennie, her number one fan. (CHOOSE WHO TOPS)

3. The Dragon And The Firefly: Lisa is a street girl (trouble trouble) and Jennie is a greedy business woman with her company near the suburbs where Lisa lives. When Lisa tries to steal from the Kim company, Jennie refuses to send her to prison, but decides top keep her to herself. (TOP JENNIE)

I'm excited to see the results! 😊