Chapter 3 - Movies & Sweaters

A chapter for y'all, you guys really wanted me to upload hehe

My pleasure! Another chapter from authornim for my babes ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennie POV

These past days were the same everytime. Me talking, Lalisa staring. Me figuring out how to earn her trust. Lalisa staring.

But today was different, I figured out a way to get closer to her. Full of confidence, I walked into the centre. "Mornin' Jennie" Chaeyoung waved at me. I smiled and waved back. "What you got there?" I smirked. "A way to earn her trust." With that, I made my way to Lalisa's room.

I knocked as always, and got in. The cute girl was sitting on her bed, playing with a stuffed cat I gave her yesterday. She looked up when I greeted her.

"Did you give it a name yet?" I asked sweetly. She looked from me to the plushie, back to me. Then she shook her head. I put down my bag and sat on the bed with her. She didn't back away anymore, so that's an improvement.

I reached for the plushie. She looked at me hesitantly, then slowly handed it over to me. Our hands touched for just a second, and our eyes met. She quickly pulled back her hand and lowered her head. I just smiled, she's so shy, it's kinda cute.

I looked at the cat plushie. "Hmm..what about.. Leo?" Lalisa looked up and smiled. She nodded her head and took the plushie from me. I cooed at her, this was the first time I've seen her smile, even though it was just a little one.

I chuckled, seeing her hug the plushie tight. I stood up and took my bag. I grabbed my laptop and a big sweater. "So, Lalisa, for today I figured we could maybe watch a movie? What do you think?" She stared at me with wide eyes, shaking her head softly.

I opened my laptop, causing Lisa to shake her head harder. Her breath got heavy and tears pooled in her eyes.

I immediately closed my screen and turned to her. "Does watching movies remind you of the past?" I asked her carefully. Lisa nodded. She moved back, towards the wall, looking scared, holding Leo tightly.

I smiled softly. "It's okay, Lisa, we're gonna have fun, I promise." I gave her an assuring smile. Whatever she's been through in the past, it must have been painful if she can't even watch a movie without thinking of it.

I could see her hesitating. I decided to try something. Slowly, I walked towards her. "It's okay, Lisa... hey, can I give you a nickname?" She tilted her head in confusion. I explained. "It's a name, that only I can call you, like our secret, you get it?" She nodded.

I smiled and stood in front of her, making sure to keep a reasonable distance. "Okay then, I'll call you....Lili?" Lisa nodded her head, she liked it. Slowly but surely, she moved towards me. She kept walking until she stood a few inches away from me. Then she held out her hand. I grabbed it gently and let out intertwined hands dangle at out sides. Her other hand pointed to the sweater I brought.

I understood what she wanted. I let go of her hand, grabbed the sweater and turned to Lisa. I motioned her to lift up her arms. She obeyed and I swiftly pulled the sweater over her head. I figured this would be comfy and warm instead of a crappy dress.

Then we sat on the bed and played a movie. I picked a comedie on purpose, to make her smile.
While watching the movie, I couldn't help but take a few glances to see if my idea was working. And it was, Lisa was smiling at the screen, clearly liking what she was seeing. She hugged her Leo tight.

I smiled to myself, knowing she was improving a little bit. She let me give her a nickname, she let me put a sweater on her, she let me make her try new things, and now she's watching a movie with me even though it reminds her of her trauma. This was all good.

Right now, a romantic part in the movie was playing. Lisa watched intensively, getting closer to the screen. When the kiss came, she quickly closed her eyes with her hands. I chuckled, she wasn't used to seeing that?

She looked at me from behind her hands, I paused the movie. She removed her hands from her face and gave me a look. I swear, if this was a comic book, there would be a question mark above her head. She looked so confused.

"Do you know what they were doing?" Lisa shook her head 'no'. I started explaining. "They were kissing..uhm..." I tried to form words. "When you love someone, and that someone loves you too, you kiss them. People kiss to show their love and affection to each other."

Lisa slowly nodded her head, not really understanding. I chuckled. "It's okay, you'll understand someday."

She nodded again, looking at her plushie, then back at me, as if to say 'thank you'. She held it out to me and smiled. Her smile was the cutest thing I had ever seen. I smiled back. "You're welcome, Lili."

Lisa yawned, it was pretty late. I closed my laptop and got off the bed. "I'll take my sweater now.." Lisa shook her head harshly, not wanting to give it back. She quickly hid under the covers. I guess it must be really comfortable "Haha, alright alright, I'll let you keep it." Cutely, she peeked out from under the covers. I smiled and packed my bag.

When I turned around, Lisa was rubbing her eyes. "Well, I'll get going now, bye bye Lili." Lisa looked at me, then she smiled and waved.

Yep, we definitely did get closer, I thought to myself when I closed the door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1005 words of fluff at your service ;)