Chapter 23 - Sue Me

Yee yoo yaa, prepare for drama

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennie POV

I rubbed my eyes as I was woken by laughter. There was an empty space next to me, I figured Lisa would already be downstairs.

I was right. As I walked down the stairs I heard Tae say: "You're getting better Lisa, good job!" Curious to what he was talking about, I walked into the living room.

Lisa and my brother sat cross legged on the couch, facing each other. They both had one fist raised in the air. "Rock, paper, scissors!" Tae sang and made a rock with his hand. Lisa made paper, meaning she'd won.

"You beat me!" Taehyung chirped. "Look noona, I'm teaching her to play rock-paper-scissors." I smiled and sat with them on the couch. Lisa immediately crawled onto my lap, clinging to me.

"You're a natural." I smiled at Lisa and sneaked my hand under her oversized shirt. A crimson blush appeared on her face and she looked down shyly. I nuzzled my face in her neck, peeking at the endless hickeys covering her neck.

"Play with us noona, please?" Taehyung made his pouty face at me. I laughed. "Jungkook might fall for that, but I won't. I'm hungry." I said. Lisa got off my lap and I walked to the kitchen.

Taehyung pouted and stood up as well. "You hungry Lisa?" He said. Lisa nodded and followed him to the kitchen.

We sat at the table and waited for Jungkook to make his delicious pancakes. He would cook whenever Jisoo had to work early. "You're gonna love them." I spoke to Lisa, who sat on the chair next to me.

Taehyung nodded furiously. "Kookie makes the best pancakes ever!" He chirped, earning a laugh from Jungkook. "Well I don't know about that, baby." He chuckled as he put down a plate of stacked pancakes for us to devour.

"Hmm.." Lisa moaned as she started on her fifth pancake. I chuckled seeing her stuffed face. "I told you! Everybody loves Jungkook's pancakes."

Lisa, who had her mouth full, nodded furiously. Jungkook laughed and got up to clean the dishes. "Well, I'll make them again soon." He said. Taehyung yelled in happiness and Lisa smiled brightly.

-

A muffled sound of the door opening and closing quickly was heard. I lifted my head from Lisa's lap to see Jisoo walking into the living room with a blank stare. "You look like you've seen a ghost." I commented.

Jisoo sighed and sat on the coffee table. "I just got off work," She started. "Chaeyoung called me." I sat up and smirked. "That's good, yes?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

Jisoo shook her head. "Not really, she called to say doctor Morse is sueing you." Lisa and I both cocked a brow. "Who?" We both wondered. Jisoo sighed frustratingly. "You know, the doctor?"

"What?!" I shot up from my seat. "He's sueing me?! How could he?!" Lisa flinched at my loud voice and shrunk away. Jisoo patted my shoulder to calm me down. "He said you violated the rules and treated her badly."

"I treated her badly?" I scoffed. "Yeah, because you know, you touched her, and stuff..." Jisoo mumbled. "Wha-?" I was about to flip off when I realized it was true. I had been touching her in sexual ways during her time in the hospital, which is illegal.

I sat back down in shock, realizing I'm screwed. Lisa carefully touched my hand, making me look up at her. Her eyes showed nothing but pity and guilt. Small tears ran along her cheeks as she whispered: "I'm so sorry.."

I took her hands and connected our lips for a quick kiss. "No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that, at least not when you were still there." I confessed. Lisa shook her head. "I love you." She whispered.

I felt a pang in my heart when I saw the pain written on her face. I'm sure she was blaming herself, but I knew it was my fault. I shouldn't have confessed or acted my feelings towards her when I knew she was in a position like that.

But then again, what if I didn't? Would I have saved her from the doctor? Would she be here right now?

I didn't regret the choices I made, because I know I never hurt her. I cupped her face and pecked her lips. "I love you too." I whispered.

"Ahem.." Jisoo fake coughed to get our attention.

I groaned and looked at her. "What am I going to do now, unnie?" Jisoo stayed quiet, not knowing either.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Chaeyoung's number. It rang a few times before I heard her sweet voice on the other side. 

"Jennie? Oh God, Jennie I'm so sorry," She pleaded. "I couldn't stop them I-"

"I know, Chae." I cut her off. "Please just tell me what to do, please?"

She stayed quiet for a moment. I didn't see her but I knew she was thinking. "Well," Eventually she spoke up. "You can call for witnesses."

A smile creaped up my face, but faded again when I realized Lisa probably wouldn't want to do that. Being a witness means answering questions under pressure, something Lisa had proven not to like.

"W-what's w-witness?" Lisa, who was listening to our conversation, whispered.

"Nothing baby, it's nothing." I dismissed the question, earning a questioning look from Jisoo.

I thanked Chaeyoung and hung up the phone. "Let's order pizza," I said as I dialed the pizzeria. "I don't want to think about this bullshit right now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Issa short chapter whoops. I really didn't know what else to write in this chapter so SORRY