Chapter 27 - Manoban

Jennie POV

My eyes anxiously shifted back and forth. My sweaty palms rubbed together as I tried not to shift too much in my seat. I could feel countless pairs of eyes burning in my back, judging me. Doctor Morse scraped his throat before continuing his testimony.

"..and so I find it repulsive that this- this girl was even allowed to be in the same room with the victim."

I rolled my eyes in the hope of making a bored impression, but honestly, I was scared. Without Lisa, there is no way to prove my innocence. That Seo woman showed the judge the camera evidence, I did in fact touch Lisa in inappropriate ways. Still, something was so off about the situation. Seo said she didn't find any other security cameras in the whole building, only in Lisa's room. Plus, my lawyer, Mr. Gong, seems to be nervous too. He turned in his chair and leaned to me.

"Something is wrong.."

"I know.."

The judge slammed his little hammer on the desk and spoke loud: "We will now hear miss Kim's testimony." I sighed and got up from my chair with trembling legs. I could hear my heart beating in my chest and I'm pretty sure beads of sweat are dripping down my forehead. A loud beep ringed in my left ear. Everything seemed to go in slow-motion.

"Miss Kim?"

I looked around the room. Everyone was staring at me, I couldn't move. I saw Taehyung nervously biting his nails in the corner of my eye. When I looked back at the judge, he shook his head at me.

"I think that's enough to prove you're guilty, miss Kim."

I shook my head harshly, my mouth opening and closing, desperately trying to form words. But nothing came out. I looked at my lawyer for help. He nodded and stood up.

"Wait a minute, my client has difficulty speaking in public."

The judge sighed impatiently, another sign that the man couldn't be trusted. He nodded nonetheless and told me to take my time. I sat back down in my chair and covered my glowing face. Mr. Gong whispered to me, "What happened?" I shook my head before looking up at him with teary eyes.

"I can't do it without Lisa, I'm so sorry." I choked.

Mr. Gong sighed and patted my shoulder.

"Then where is she, Jennie? She should've been here long ago."

I shrugged. "I don't know."

After a few minutes I calmed down a bit. My legs weren't shaking as much as they did and the ringing in my ears was gone.

"Would you like to try that again, miss Kim?"

I nodded, getting up from my chair, standing properly this time. I knew I was fucked, but I had to stay strong. I cleared my throat.

"Ahem, well..."

I was abruptly stopped by a loud bang. Everyone turned in their seats to see where it came from. And there, in the door opening, stood Jisoo, Jungkook and.. Lisa.

She looked like she was out of breath, but her eyes spit fire as she walked past the audience to where I stood. She threw her arms around me, squeezing me tightly as she apologised over and over again.

"Stop apologizing Lili, you're here now," I said as I released the hug. "But where the hell were you?"

Lisa shook her head. "No time."

She turned to face the judge and doctor Morse. I heard a little cheer coming from somewhere in the crowd.

"You got this Lisa!" Jisoo whisper shouted.

Lisa nodded and stepped forward.

"I'm Nini's witness." She said, determination present in her honey like voice.

The judge struggled to form words as he looked around frantically. Doctor Morse's eyes widened in shock, his hands gripping the table in front of him.

"How- where did you-"

I chuckled. "Looks like you've failed to keep her away, 'doctor'."

The doctor shakily sat down and put his hands in his hair. I turned to Lisa and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Tell them Lisa."

Lisa nodded and began her story.

-

"...and then Nini came to the hospital. She took care of me and I felt comfortable around her. She was the first person I spoke to in two years, and I don't regret it. She even protected me from him."

Lisa paused for a while, pointing at the doctor. The whole audience listened to her jaw-dropping story. Never even once did they interrupt her.

The doctor on the other hand, tried twisting the story a few times, to make me look like the bad guy.

"But she touched you! She's a rapist!" He yelled.

Lisa shook her head. She looked into the audience, trying to find someone. I looked around and saw Chaeyoung standing up. When did she get here?

Lisa motioned Chaeyoung to come forward. When she reached the front of the room, Chaeyoung took something out of her pocket. It was a USB.

"While I was telling my story, Dr. Chaeyoung searched the security cameras for this,"

When Chaeyoung put the USB in the computer and projected the screen onto the wall, the audience gasped loudly.

On the screen where the pictures of what happened in that room. How the doctor pointed his gun at Lisa, and how Chaeyoung was tied up in the corner. It also showed pictures of when Jisoo, Jungkook, Taehyung and me rescued them, and beat up the 'doctor' and his 'guard'.

"How- how is this possible?"

Doctor Morse stammered about as he looked at the judge. The said man's mouth hung open as he looked at the pictures carefully. There was no way he could put this situation in Morse's favor.

-

Not long after, we all walked outside. Lisa clung to my arm, a big smile on her face. The judge had dismissed the case, not knowing Jisoo had called the police. Once we told officer Jin the whole story, both the judge and doctor Morse were arrested and could expect an amount of time in prison. We were told to go home, and that we did.

Jisoo unlocked the door and held it open for us. Chaeyoung came with us too. Once we were all inside and provided with a glass of water, I cleared my throat.

"Uh, thank you guys, for- for helping me out there.."

Jungkook gave a thumbs up and Jisoo patted my back. "Lisa did most of it, really. She was really brave." She said.

We all shifted our eyes to the girl. Lisa chuckled nervously and sipped her water. I smiled and scooted closer to her, leaning in and giving her a kiss. Lisa giggled and nudged my arms. I grabbed her shoulders and made her look at me.

"You're my hero, Lalisa Manoban."    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This sucks...also sorry for the late update, I had a big writers block..