Chapter 25 - Prison

I'm so sorry for the slow updates 😖I love you babes so much 🖤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lisa POV

I couldn't stop biting my nails anxiously. Jennie had been gone for 15 minutes and there were still 30 minutes to go. Time had never passed so slowly in my life.

I wasn't the only one who was restless. Jisoo and Taehyung both sat at the kitchen table, tapping their fingers on the surface of the table whilst waiting impatiently. A long sigh escaped Jisoo's mouth as she got up. "I'm going to cook." She said and hastily started putting random ingredients together. I shot Tae an unknowing look. He shrugged. "Noona always cooks when she's nervous."

I nodded and shifted my eyes back to the window. Like a lost puppy waiting for its owner. But that's how I felt. Lost.

With no more nails to bite, I got up and started walking around the room. I couldn't help but feel something was odd.

First of all, the doctor was supposed to be in prison, right? How is he still out there, sueing my Nini?

Second, why weren't family members allowed to come with Jennie to the courthouse?

All this just felt kind of fishy to me. Subconsciously, I had walked out the front door, onto the sidewalk. I looked out to the street, where the van had disappeared a while ago.

One minute. Two. Five.

Suddenly a loud roaring engine was heard. I looked around for the source of the noise and noticed a similar white van just around the corner.

My breath quickened as I rushed to the car. "Nini?" I wondered out loud. But to no luck, it was just a smug looking man smoking a death stick while leaning against the door.

"Oh.. Sorry.." I mumbled and turned around. But the man's low voice had me frozen to the ground. "Looking for miss Kim Jennie, girlie?" The man smirked. "Y-yes.." I stammered, stepping away from the man slowly.

Suddenly he smiled. "No problem, get in and I'll take you to her!" I blinked a few times in confusion. "Huh, really?" The man laughed and nodded. "I'm only allowed to bring one person, though. Best not tell anyone else." He chirped.

I looked over my shoulder to the house, the front door still open. I have to see my Nini. Even though I knew Jisoo and Taehyung couldn't hear me, I whispered a quiet "sorry" and stepped into the van.

-

Jennie POV

"-and so we don't have much proof of his crimes against the victim." My lawyer, Mr. Gong concluded. I groaned. "Great.."

The judge sighed and stood up from his chair. He walked around the wooden desk and looked me in the eye. "Listen Kim, I don't want to be a pessimist but it doesn't look good for you." I rolled my eyes. He continued. "It's always an option to, well--" He paused.

I cocked a brow. "To what?" The man leaned against the desk and sighed deeply. "Admit, just admit. I promise I won't give you a severe punishment--"

"That's ridiculous!" I voiced. Mr. Gong's eyes anxiously shifted from me to the judge, back to me. "Let's stay cal--"

"No! I'm not staying calm." I interrupted him. "I never touched Lisa without her consent, it was that doctor who fucking TIED HER UP AND POINTED A GUN TO HER FACE!" I yelled, getting up abruptly. "If he's not going to jail for what he did, I'll--"

I was interrupted by a knock on the door. Mr. Gong sighed in relief, probably glad he didn't have to hear me finish my sentence. It wouldn't be so easy to get away if I had.

The secretary who let me in earlier, opened the door. A rather young-looking girl with big doll eyes stood in the opening with a clip file. "Yes, miss Seo?" The judge broke the silence. The girl hurried to the desk and handed the clipper to the judge. "We couldn't find anything on camera, sir. Only Manoban's room."

My lawyer buried his head in his hands, I looked around anxiously. "What does that mean?" I murmured. The judge looked at me with a mix of confusion and disgust. "Take a look at this, maybe you'll reconsider my offer."

I reluctantly took the clipper from him and opened it. My mouth fell open when I saw what was inside. Pictures. Pictures of me and Lisa, on her bed, in the bathroom. Pictures of us kissing, me touching her. It was all there.

I closed the file with a shocked expression. "I--" I stopped mid-way my sentence. "Wait a minute," I said and walked over to Seo. "This is all you could find?" I spoke with a threatening tone. Seo cowered under my gaze and nodded swiftly. "This is the only room."

I snickered. "It can't be, there are cameras everywhere. I've seen them." I looked at my lawyer for support, but he just shrugged unknowingly.

The judge motioned Seo to leave, and she did without another word. "Kim, you heard Seo, this is all they could find." He said. "There's enough evidence to prove you're guilty."

I shook my head. "I'm not guilty, I-- hey, excuse me?!" Two bulky men had walked into the room and forced my arms behind my back. I heard cuffs click and my hands were tied.

My blood boiled. "Listen up, you prick! I love Lisa, I would never, NEVER, hurt her!" The men guided (more like forced) me to the door. The last look on my lawyers face made me realize something.

Something was wrong, he knew it too.

-

The next day

Today was the day. The trial. I still had a feeling something was odd. How could they only have footage of Lisa's room? Why did the judge try to make me admit crimes I didn't commit? It all seemed a little weird.

As I was brought into the room, I spotted Jisoo, Taehyung and Jungkook on the front bench. I desperately looked around for Lisa, she was my only hope. I panicked when I didn't see her.

Jisoo looked around the room until our eyes met. She stood up abruptly and ran over to me. "Jen! Something's wrong.." She whispered. "Lisa disappeared yesterday.."

"WHA--" I looked around to see my supposed guard a few feet away. "What?!" I whisper shouted. "What do you mean, she disappeared?"

Jisoo waved her hands around. "I don't know! She was just, gone. The front door was wide open." I frowned. "Something's wrong Jisoo, she can't just disappear." Jisoo nodded.

"Another thing," I whispered, leaning closer. "I think the judge was bribed." Jisoo's mouth fell open.

Before I could explain, the guard pushed me to the front of the room. I sat down in one of the chairs next to Mr. Gong. I looked back to see Jisoo whispering something in Jungkook's ear. His eyes widened and he looked at me. I nodded, already understanding what he had heard.

A series of whispers burst out when the doctor--Mr. Morse-- walked in. He was wearing a fancy suit and a smirk on his disgustingly confident face. He didn't have any guards around him, which indicates another weird aspect in this whole situation. He looked at me with the most sickening look on his face. I could just see he had something to do with it.

Behind me, Jisoo and Jungkook had gotten up from their chairs. Jungkook gave Tae a quick peck and told him to stay here, with me. Then they disappeared from the room.

I anxiously shifted back to the front of the room. The judge sat down in his chair and grabbed the tiny hammer. He slammed the hammer down on the desk and said:

"I now declare this trial opened!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Probably gonna change my username again hehe