Chapter 9 - Voice

First of all, thank you guys so so so so much for staying with me! All the comments really cheered me up and you will never know how much that actually means to me.
Second of all, THANK YOU FOR 2K READS?!? AND 200 VOTES?!?! OMG!!
Third, I just had to update for you guys, so here you go! ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennie POV

My eyes widened in shock, my mouth hanging open in surprise. She spoke...she..said something!

For the first time since she had been here, she managed to utter a sentence. It was short and very faint, yes, but it was there. This means she's doing better! I smiled fondly at the now softly snoring girl. She was making progress.

I tip-toed out of the room to find Dr. Chaeyoung. I ran to her office only to find it empty. "Huh? Where could she be?" I whispered to myself.

I started walking back to Lisa's room when I heard faint voices coming from my left. I stopped to listen. "What do you mean, she can't be cured?!" A voice whispered. I was pretty sure it was Dr. Chaeyoung.

"If she keeps reacting like this, panicking all the time, I can't help you!" Another voice spat back. "If she could just talk, I could perform other tests on her." It was the doctor from before.

"What kind of tests?" I heard Dr. Chaeyoung ask.

"From the previous tests the results were a bit unclear. So I'd have to take stronger measures to find out what she's so afraid of."

Chaeyoung hummed. "And then?" "Then we'll make her talk, and if she won't, we'll use those fears against her."

I had so many questions. It didn't sound like they were trying to help her at all. It sounded more like she was an experiment. I decided not to tell Dr. Chaeyoung that Lisa had spoken. First I was going to find out what the hell that doctor is planning to do with her.

-

I got off the bus and walked home. My mind continuously drifted off to that conversation. What did that doctor mean? What tests? Use her fears against her? Last time I checked that doesn't help healing someone, especially not Lisa.

I opened the door and took off my jacket. "HEY, I'M HO--mhmm?!" A hand covered my mouth, muffling my voice. In surprise I dropped my jacket and was about to drop kick whoever attacked me. I swung my arms up and swiftly turned around, already lifting my leg. I stopped mid-air when I noticed my 'attacker' was actually my sister, Jisoo.

I sighed heavily, softly mumbling a 'what the fuck' as I picked up my jacket. Jisoo shushed me and put a finger over her mouth. I cocked a brow in confusion. Jisoo just motioned me to follow her, so I did.

In the living room, on the couch, lied a peacefully sleeping couple. Wrapped up in Jungkook's arms, Taehyung had probably never slept better than now. Blankets and pillows covering them up like a fort. I cooed at the cute sight.

"I've never seen him so peaceful." Jisoo whispered to me.

I nodded, our little brother had always suffered from sleeping problems. Due to the trouble with our parents, and his bullies at school, he'd never been able to rest well. But now, sleeping so soundly in my best friend's arms, he finally got to rest. Jungkook makes him feel safe enough to close his eyes without being afraid.

"They're so cute together." I whispered.

Jisoo hummed in agreement. "I'll go and make dinner." She said and disappeared into the kitchen.

I tip-toed past the sleeping couple and made my way upstairs. While tidying me room a bit and putting away my stuff, again my thoughts drifted back to the conversation I overheard between Dr. Chaeyoung and the doctor who tested Lisa. I was going to find out what they were talking about. I have to protect Lisa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it was a really short chapter :) I'll write a lot the coming days, promise! For now I just want to say thank you again for all the sweet comments. I'm also so happy you actually like my books, because sometimes I feel like everything I write sucks hehe.