Chapter 20 - The Story

We're almost on a thousand votes!! Ahh you babes make my day better :')

Keep smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennie POV

The next morning I woke up with a stinging pain in my back. I had slept on the floor, so that Lisa could sleep in my bed. We could've shared, but my baby looked like she could use a good night rest. I groaned as I sat up, rubbing my eyes. "Nini?" I heard a soft voice next to me. I looked up to the bed and saw Lisa smiling down at me. "Goodmorning, how's my baby doing?" I asked as I got up to hug her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and giggled when I pulled her in my lap. "I'm hungry." She admitted. I laughed and nuzzled my face in her neck, kissing it softly. I heard Lisa sigh in content as she relaxed in my arms. "Alright then, let's go eat." I whispered and Lisa hummed.

When we got downstairs, everyone already sat at the dinner table. Lisa gulped and hid behind my back. I smiled softly and greeted everyone. Taehyung frowned when he saw Lisa hiding. He got up and walked around me to face her. Lisa shrunk away in my back and looked at him with scared eyes. "It's okay Lisa," Taehyung smiled. "I just want to play with you." Lisa slowly composed herself and let go of my back. "P-play?" She whispered. Taehyung nodded and held up Kookie, his stuffed bunny. "You have one too." He said, pointing at the stuffed cat in Lisa's hands. Lisa looked at me for a second, as if asking for permission. I nodded and quickly pecked her lips. "Go play, it's alright." I said. Lisa smiled and followed Taehyung to the living room. I joined the others at the table and digged into the food. "Jen," Jisoo spoke up. "We got a call from the police this morning." I looked up to her and cocked a brow. Chaeyoung cleared her throat. "They, uh- want to interrogate Lisa." She added. I dropped my fork and stared at them in disbelief. "They do know she doesn't speak right?" Chaeyoung nodded. "They know, that's why you have to come with her."

-

When Jisoo parked the car at the police station, I felt my heartbeat increase. It felt horrible having to force Lisa into doing this. I knew she was terrified by the way her eyes flashed at every movement. I put my hand on her thigh, trying to comfort her. Lisa looked at me and smiled sadly. I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat. I wanted to comfort her with words, tell her how much I love her. That everything would be okay. But by the way she digged her fingers into her hands, and just stared into the distance, I knew that whatever I would say wouldn't reach her. I sighed. "You ready?" I asked as I opened the car door. Lisa nodded and got out on the other side. Jisoo looked at me with pity. "You'll be fine Jendeukie, I'll be waiting for you here." I nodded and got out of the car too.

I started walking to the entrance but stopped when I heard Lisa. "Wait.." She said. I turned around and walked back to her. "I'm scared." She admitted and lowered her head. I squeezed her hand and lifted her chin to look at me. "Baby, I know you're scared. And I know it's a lot of pressure to tell your story, but I'm there with you. Every second I will be there for you. I will hold your hand and protect you. Every single second, okay?" Lisa smiled softly and nodded. I gave her a sweet kiss before guiding her inside.

Officer Min was waiting for us inside. "Mrs Kim, Mrs Manoban, follow me please." He said in a monotone voice. I nodded and followed him, holding Lisa's hand tightly. He led us to one of those rooms like in the movies. I was yanked back by Lisa as she abruptly stopped walking. Officer Min gave us a questioning look as Lisa refused to take another step. "Lili? What's wrong?" I cupped her fave with my free hand. Lisa trembled as she looked at me. "Test.." She mumbled. I instantly understood what she was referring to. The room we were about to enter looked exactly like the one she was tested in by that crazy doctor. "Uhm, could we maybe uh- do this interrogation thingy, somewhere else?" I asked officer Min, who was stunned by the question. He opened his mouth to say something, but closed right after. He motioned us to follow him and walked to and office. As we got inside, I peeked at the name tag on the desk. Park Jimin. He must be the chief. "Jimin isn't here at the moment so we can do it here." Officer Min explained. I nodded as we sat down in the chairs. Lisa still held my hand tightly.

"So," Officer Min put a voice recorder on the desk. "Your name is Lalisa Manoban, correct?" Lisa nodded her head. "And you're sixteen years old, correct?" She nodded again. "Alright, you are considered a victim and witness of assaulting and harassment." He confirmed. "Your testimony is important to the case, therefore you must promise to speak the truth, and only the truth." Lisa looked at me, unsure of making a promise to a stranger. I nodded, as to say it was okay. "I pr-promise." She said.

Oficcer Min nodded and opened a file. "Here it says you have spent two years in the hospital, however it doesn't say how you got there. Now, I need you to tell me how you got to the hospital." Lisa shifted uncomfortably in her seat. I squeezed her hand to comfort her and waited for her answer. She sighed deeply. "M-my mama, she took me there.." Said Lisa. "To k-keep me safe." Officer Min frowned. "Keep you safe? From what?" Lisa lowered her head. "From him...from papa." She whispered. Somewhere in the back of my head I knew it had something to do with her father. The way she spoke of 'him' just gave me that feeling. "He...hurt me and mama.." Lisa continued with a trembling voice. Officer Min wrote some things down on his paper before looking her in the eyes. "How did he hurt you?" He asked. Lisa looked at me, slowly standing up. I knew what she wanted so I got up as well. "You might want to describe this for your recording." I said. Officer Min nodded. I carefully lifted up Lisa's shirt, revealing the scars on her back. "Holy sh-, I- I see massive scars on the victim's back. They seem deep and run all over her body." He got up to take a closer look. "On the lower back seems to be a deeper scar, possibly caused by a sharp object." I put Lisa's shirt back down and told Lisa she could sit again. Lisa sat down, tears brimming in her eyes. "Lalisa, could you please tell me how you got those scars?" Officer Min asked, still shocked of what he had seen. "Papa was dr-drunk, he didn't- didn't- I didn't-" Lisa's voice stocked as she broke down, sobbing. I pulled her into a hug immediately, letting her sob into my shoulder. "You didn't what?" I asked softly. Lisa sniffed and sat up. "I didn't listen- and I got p-punished..." She whispered the last part. "He had used a belt before, to hurt me when I didn't l-listen..but this time, he just- he used a k-knife..a-and he hurt me and mama." I felt my heart break into tiny pieces when she choked on a sob in the middle of her story. I covered my mouth to stop myself from crying. I couldn't believe she'd been through so much pain and suffering. Lisa coughed a bit before continuing her story. "He always said to never speak, obey and be quiet..I tried but- he hurt mama...it drove me crazy to see her hurt...so I- I-" She hesitated. "You...?" Officer Min asked.

"I- killed him..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...