Chapter 21: The Butcher and the Cattle

At the ski-resort, is about 5:50 in the morning just as the survivors are trying to sleep in the waiting sofas in the airport. Bart wakes up, before he gets up from sleeping and walks down the store section. He tries to locate the bathroom, and manages to find it, but the bathroom has caved in.

Bart: Ugh....can't even find a decent fucking bathroom to take a fucking piss in, man.

Meanwhile, Killen is on the ski-resort viewing deck, smoking a cigarette. Suddenly, he hears a noise and turns around with his pistol aimed at Dante.

Killen: (With his cigarette in his mouth) oh, it's you.

Dante closes the door behind him, before he walks up to Killen.

Dante: Sorry...thought I'd come up here and watch the sunset....

Killen: Yeah....

Dante: Whenever my wife and I would take vacations to snowy locations like this, she'd wake me up and early and we'd sit out on the porch and watch the sunset....she was passionate....kind and loving....you would've liked her....

Killen tosses the cigarette away.

Killen: Your wife reminds me of my girlfriend....

Dante: You had a girlfriend.....

Killen: Had a girlfriend.....

Flashback

Killen is with his girlfriend, a young Caucasian-American woman with blonde hair, such as being intimate, laughing and having sex together.

Present

Killen: Her name was Kara......

Dante: Huh....my son had a neighborhood friend named Kara....you...uh...want to tell me what happened to her?

Killen sighs.

Flashback

Killen: Kara and I were living in Blood Hog territory ran by this fucking asshole named Jasper....Kara and I....we were behind on protection fees and caps we owed for food....one day...

Killen and Kara are eating antelope together before Jasper and his bandits break into Killen's home, beat and restrain him and Kara.

Present

Killen: They came by....not only for owed caps...but because they were bored....and needed something to do....someone to fuck with....they chose me and Kara....

Flashback

Killen is bound and gagged as Jasper grabs his hair.

Jasper: This is what happens when you don't pay your caps in time...

Killen is beaten by two of Jasper's men.

Present

Killen: They tortured me.....and then...

Flashback

Jasper and his other henchmen viciously begin to beat and rape Kara as the other two men force Killen to watch.

Killen: They beat her....cut her....raped her...made me watch...and then....

Flashback

After the rape, Jasper pulls out his blade with Killen pleading under the gagged rag.

Jasper: This isn't punishment, boy. This is a lesson....

Jasper walks up to Kara and grabs her by the hair, putting the knife to her throat. Kara looks Killen in the eyes one last time.