Chapter 8: And on the Third Day

In the Kronos facility, Ryan is trying to look at the data of a machine called the Oasis. A Caucasian-American woman in her early twenties wearing a lab coat enters his lab.

Regina: Dr. Fenix?

Ryan: yes, Dr. Walters?

Regina: Our doctors have discovered a typical cellular activity in Venoms fluids.

Ryan: well. That's gonna have to wait. I'm working on something....

Regina: Sir. With all due respect, are you sure using your own brother's blood to cure this plague?

Ryan: Because my brother's blood could be the key to saving the planet too....Burton wants to use it for a super soldier serum...I didn't tell Kronos about this.... It could also mean my one-way ticket from Kronos Industries. They've forced me into doing horrible things. Some I admit I'm responsible for so many deaths of innocents. Even my own student turned against me.

For a moment, Ryan looks at the picture of Dante, Amanda and Harry.

Regina: Have you ever talked to the General about your resignation?

Ryan sarcastically laughs

Ryan: You forget resignation for the Zeus Corps is not an option anymore.

Regina: Dr. Fenix, not every single death in the world was on you. Well, doctor, whatever you decide to do, I'll be right behind you.

Regina puts her hand on his shoulder and leaves. Ryan sits at his office with a depressed look on his face. Meanwhile, in Cratersville, the morning approaches, Dante wakes up from a dream involving Ryan and Burton in a Kronos Industries lab. He springs awake and grabs some spare clothes and heads out of the house to spot everyone in the city, either socializing or working on something. Ian approaches Dante with the clothes he wore in a basket.

Ian: excuse me, if you don't mind I washed your clothes while you were sleeping.

Dante takes his clothes out of the basket.

Dante: thanks. Where do they serve Breakfast?

Ian: Colin's place also serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm Ian by the way. I'm the wash around this friendly little town.

Dante: Thanks.

Dante walks down to the Saloon, and spots Killen eating breakfast with James and Colin. Dante walks over to their table and sits.

Dante: hey, guys.

Colin: Morning, Dante.

Killen: Did you enjoy your sleep?

Dante: Tried to. You seen Nathan and his sisters?

Killen: Well, Sarah's here, but she's in the bathroom.

Dante: I didn't know you served breakfast.

James: well, we open early. That way we make people feel like we're still human. Ya know like IHOP or Dellys?

Dante: Oh....IHop....best pancakes we had around town back in the day....only went there when my wife burned the pancakes...

Colin: (laughs)

Sarah comes out of the bathroom getting her apron on and walks to their table.

Sarah: Killen, uh, Nathan called me through the radio saying that he spotted something he wants us down there.

Killen gets up from his seat and shakes Colin's hand.

Killen: alright, well, I'd better check this out.