Chapter 12: A Tracked Signal

In the Kronos Industries Facility in Washington, Barnes is entering his office with Burton.

Barnes: Okay...plain and first...mission failed...the data was destroyed....

Burton: Where's Captain Cole?

Barnes: Dead.....Blood Hogs killed him.

Burton: Private Jemo And Lieutenant Desipich?

Barnes: Desipich; M.I.A. Jemo; K.I.A.

Burton: Shit....

Barnes: But...we had caught five wastelanders...your little brother, Colin....was one of them...

Burton: you saw Colin? Is he alive?

Barnes: well...he looked older....

Burton: And my son?

Barnes: he wasn't with him.

Burton: is he down at the brig?

Barnes: No...

Burton: what happened?

Barnes: Fucking Blood Hogs...we were jumped....

Burton: Fuck......Barnes...you called me up into your office? Why?

Barnes: Because I think I've found the doc's big brother; Subject 19....one of the guys that was with their running group looked a lot like him....also I scanned him before we got attacked...and his blood sample...matches a signature of the viruses that we injected Subject 19 with...

Burton: So you lost my brother and his group, Subject 19, The Gods Fist Weapon, Cole and the antenna....how do you explain this as good news?

a Kronos agent walks into Barnes' office.

Agent: Sir....I think we've found him...

Barnes: That's why...

The agent and Barnes walk into surveillance and satellite room. The men stand up and salute once they see Burton.

Zeus Soldier: Attention! General on the deck!

Burton salutes.

Burton: At ease, gentlemen.

Burton goes to the agent sitting in the middle of the surveillance room.

Barnes: what've we got?

Camera Man: The Gods Fist had a tracker on it...It's been located 50 Miles South...

Burton: You placed a tracker on the Gods Fist....

The screen visually matches Dante's and Subject 19's face. They are an equal match.

Barnes: hmm...Hello, Subject 19. Where's he been staying at ever since he escaped?

Camera Man: I can't track him, but I've tracked the God's Fist Weapon to this location...it looks like a crater, but there's like small city in it along with many citizens....

Barnes: We need Subject 19's DNA back in our custody and in need be, to create this serum that Burke's working on. Corporal, prepare the helicopters, and troops. We leave at 08:00 tomorrow.

In Ryan's office, General Burton is speaking with him.

Ryan: so he's alive....and with a few wastelanders...this is good.....

Burton: I've been giving you twenty years and still nothing has progressed. Do you know how lucrative this serum this will be?

Barnes walks into the office.

Barnes: General. Doctor....we've located Subject 19. What are your orders?

Burton: Doctor. Leave us.

Ryan walks out and closes the door behind him.

Burton: You will go there to only get the Subject 19, but take no drastic measures to harm those citizens, my brother or my son. As of now, you're in charge, Sergeant Barnes....until you're dead....or until you find Lieutenant Desipich.

Barnes: Yes, sir...... what if Lieutenant Desipich is dead?

Burton: He's not dead...you didn't see his body, right?

Barnes: Right....What if they start some shit or open fire?

Burton: Sergeant.....That's not a suggestion. That's an order.

Barnes: yes, sir.

In the cockpit, Barnes enters from his meeting with Burton. He meets with his corporal, Epps.

Barnes: Corporal.

Epps: Sir. What did the General say?

Barnes twists his lips.

Barnes: The General says that we take drastic measures. Kill everyone except for Subject 19. We leave tomorrow at 08:00.

Epps: Yes, sir! All right, ladies, Sergeant say "we're moving out!"