Chapter 9: The Aftermath

The Cratersville people carry the corpses of the fallen Cratersville citizens. Dante visits Luke at the city prison, where Razor is thrown in next to Thomas.

Luke: well, I'm pretty sure. They won't be bothering us for a while....with Razor locked up....

Thomas: yeah...that's if we had some bigger barriers...

Mack: Shut up!

Mack whacks his bat at Thomas's cell.

Dante: hopefully, there won't be any more of those people harassing this city anymore.

Luke: yeah, thanks for your help by the way, Razor was a huge pain in the ass. He'd been looting our town for months of food, supplies, and sometimes our women for....cruel things. Look, I've got to check to see how much damage was done.

At the Kronos base, Kyle is listening to his music while writing in his journal as his squad mates and roommates, Jemo and Epps, are exercising.

Epps: So, bro, I walk into the bar. She's staring at me...so devishly...and seducingly....then I pull the moves...pulling my Channing Tatum stare at the bitch....then I sweet talk here....so as we're in her apartment, she gets in this black lingerie....she tells me to "stick my tongue" in my spot....so I do....then she says "stick your fingers" in my spot...then she says "wiggle you tongue". I'm like "how"? She looks down at me and says "see; told you my couchie was tight".

Epps laughs.

Jemo: That is nasty, man. That is nasty. You've got a fucked up way of seducing woman.

Epps throws a pencil at Kyle, getting his attention.

Epps: Yo! Desipich!

Kyle removes his headphones.

Kyle: What's up, Epps?

Epps: You get any wasteland couchie out there on your patrols?

Kyle: You know, Epps? I've only been here for four months and you're already getting into my business.....didn't anyone ever teach you some punctuality....

Jemo: Aw, come on, man. Give us a story.

Kyle: You boys already know my story. Son of a scientist.....team leader....had a lot of potential....fucked it over....end of story....

Epps: Yeah, but the Captain says there's more to you, man....what exactly happened that caused you to transfer here?

Kyle: Pretty much all I summed it up to be, Epps.

Kyle stands up and leaves the room. Two days later, the Cratersville people have a funeral for Ben and the other lost ones. Ben's cap is on top of his grave. In the middle of town, the execution of Razor is taking place with most of the townspeople present. Luke stands on the stage with Razor having a noose around his neck.

Luke: Ladies and gentlemen of Cratersville. I hate doing this, but we must show the people of the wasteland that we will not abide these crimes. This monster has committed crimes against the people of Cratersville...murder....of several innocent good men and women...

Luke turns to Razor.

Luke: Do you have any final words?

Razor: This is fucked up! I told you people already! Kronos paid me to attack! Just fucking listen, okay?!

As Razor protests, Nathan walks over and wraps a rag around Razor's mouth, silencing him.

Luke: The sentencing for these crimes against the people of Cratersville is death. This man does not show remorse for his crimes....and we will not show remorse for his death.