Chapter 11: The Living Monolith

Kyle looks around the structure, attempting to contact Barnes.

Kyle: Desipich to Alpha team. Desipich to Alpha Team.....Dammit!

Kyle aims his assault rifle forward and moves through the ruins with caution. Dante and Killen, who is armed with the Gods Fist, moves through the halls of the Hospital with caution and carefully.

Dante: So...what's the plan?

Killen: get her to follow us.

Dante: that's the plan?

Killen:...Like I said I'm the one dropping the bomb...you just have to stand there and look pretty...and hope this thing doesn't give you a big kiss....think of it as a big fat ugly prom date.

Dante: Yeah; my prom date didn't exactly look like that....

Killen groans.

As they move with caution, Dante accidently steps on a small rock. The Living Monolith growls for a moment.

Killen: (quietly) Stop!

The two stop in position as the Living Monolith listens and uses its senses to look around. After a while, the Living Monolith moves on.

Killen: Okay...we're good...

Dante and Killen step out into another hall. The Living Monolith suddenly breaks through the wall in front of them.

Killen: (quietly) Move...now!

Dante: (quietly) Where?!

The Living Monolith roars and sprints at Dante and Killen, who dodge. Dante and Killen run from the Living Monolith as it chases them, knocking away any debris. The two narrowly make it outside, dodging an attack by the Living Monolith. Dante and Killen stand before the Living Monolith.

Dante: Okay...the fucker's outside...now what?

Killen: get its attention! Yell out! I have to get the beam aligned!

Dante: Damn! Hey! Hey! You fucking monkey! Over here!

Dante runs as the Living Monolith chase after him. The Living Monolith swings wildly at Dante as she dodges.

Dante: Whoa! Killen!

Killen: Hold on!

Dante: What is taking so damn long?!

Killen: The fucking clouds are blocking the goddamn satellite!

Dante: Are you kidding me?! 

Dante dodges an attack.

Killen: Let me move!

Killen switches positions to try and get a open satellite.

Killen: No....no...no....no..

Dante: Killen, I can't dodge this thing forever!

Dante gets trapped in a ambulance van by the Living Monolith.

Dante: KILLEN!

Killen: Almost! 

The Gods Fist Weapon turns green.

Killen: Got it! Dante! Get to cover!

Before Killen can activate the God's Hammer, the Living Monolith knocks a piece of debris at him, knocking him out. Dante continues taking cover in the ambulance, just as the Living Monolith attempts to grab him. Suddenly, Kyle jumps from a level position and arms his Zeus Corps machete (an weapon that activates a projectible blade, which produces subzero and heat temperatures, as well as electricity). Kyle activates the electricity feature on his machete and attacks the beast, stunning it. Dante crawls out of the ambulance as Kyle equips his assault rifle and shoots at the Living Monolith, distracting it. Killen remains knocked out, but slowly begins recovering. Kyle dodges attacks as Dante grabs the God's Hammer and the Gods Fist Weapon at the Living Monolith, shooting a beam at the beast. The satellite shoots a beam of hot energy at the Living Monolith as Dante, Kyle and Killen take cover. After the fire, The Living Monolith, burnt, staggers for a moment before falling onto the ground. Dante approaches the Living Monolith, who groans in weakness and pain. Kyle shoots the wounded beast and then approaches Dante.

Dante: Thanks for that.....

Kyle: Don't mention it.

Dante: Name's Dante.....

Kyle: I know who you are....Subject 19.

Dante: What?

Suddenly, Killen appears and aims his weapon at Kyle.

Killen: Drop the weapon, Zeus scum. Now!

A tense moment ensues, before Killen walks up to Kyle, pressing his gun at the back of his head.

Killen: I said drop the fucking-

Suddenly, Kyle elbows Killen and disarms him, before throwing him to the ground, aiming his rifle at Killen.

Dante: Hey! Don't!

Killen: Okay, bro. You obviously got the drop.

A moment passes, before Colin and Walter arrive, aiming their guns at Kyle.

Walter: Better drop that hammer, Zeus Scum, before I fucking make your ass drop it.

Colin: Easy, Walter....Kyle, put down the gun....you know I won't hurt you, son.

Kyle looks at Dante and Killen, before surrendering.

Kyle: I'm not stupid. I know when I'm beat.

Colin: Smart move...as always.

Killen stands up as Walter takes away Kyle's rifle.

Colin: Holy shit. You actually killed it.

Walter sniffs.

Walter: mmm-mmm-mmm...smell that Monolith barbeque!

Colin: Nice work, guys...really...

Killen: Yeah...I think we should take this weapon back with us...could come in real handy...

Nathan: Yeah...it could..

Dante: you guys get the medicine?

Colin: Yeah...

Colin presents first aid kit.

Colin: Antibiotics...Bandages...all the type of good shit Nora needs... don't tell her about Ian til after she's done healing those people. The city needs her. I'll tell her afterwards.

Dante: What about him?

Walter: What about him, man?

Dante: He saved my life...and yours, too, Killen.

Killen: Doesn't matter. He's Zeus Corps. He can't be trusted.

Walter: I agree. I say we put a round in this motherfucker and leave his ass for the crows to pick.

Colin: Now, hold on. We do that and we're know better than the Blood Hogs.

Kyle: I won't cause you guys any trouble.....I saw...I saw my team leader killed by one of our own....I'm not being tracked at all.....Colin, you know me....but if your people feel as though I'm a threat, that I'm lying, you can leave me here to die....or you can shoot me.

Colin sighs.

Colin: Dante. Killen. Let's talk. Walter, watch him.

Walter aims his pistol at Kyle, before Colin engages Dante and Killen in a conversation.

Killen: Luke will not allow this. He's Zeus Corps.....he's with the people that destroyed our planet twenty years ago.

Dante: Killen, his soldiers left him for dead. They're not going to look for him. He could've left us to get killed by that thing, but he didn't....

Colin: Killen, we built a place like Cratersville to bring in people....he's Zeus Corps, but he's like family to me....I know he won't cause trouble....I'll watch him myself....

Killen: (sighs) Fuck it....we take him back with us.