32.

a week later...

Seven days that's how long Roscoe have gone without speaking to Rose. She reached out but he wasn't having it. He was still upset at how their last conversation went. Roscoe held grudges that was one of his flaws.

David wheeled himself into the living room where Rose was on the couch laying down. She's been feeling down after the conversation.

She saw Roscoe at school but he would act as if he didn't know her, and would walk right past her. And when she tried to reach out to him he wouldn't answer her calls or would leave her looking stupid in the hallways at school.

"You still not feeling well?" David asked. He felt on forehead noticing she was still warm.

"Nope.." Rose mumbled feeling her breakfast trying to come up. She quickly grabbed the mini trash can off the ground and released the last of her breakfast into it.

"Let it all out," David encouraged rubbing her back. He looked away while she gargled before releasing the mouthwash into the trash can.

"You sure you don't want to take one more pregnancy test?" David asked Rose who rolled her eyes.

"Dad, I already took three...I'm not pregnant."

"Just making sure."

"It's probably something I ate or just a virus," Rose explain hearing the sound of someone at the front door knocking. David went to answer the door for Roscoe. He needed a few items for Rose, but he couldn't go to the store so he called Roscoe.

"It's good to see you," David smiled letting Roscoe in the house.

"You too," Roscoe said entering the house, Rose heart sped up hearing Roscoe's deep voice.

"How you doing?" David asked going into the large living room with Roscoe.

"I've been hanging in there," Roscoe said landing his eyes on Rose.

"I heard you wasn't feeling good?" He said feeling her forehead with the back of his hand.

"You have a fever," he commented taking a seat in the brown leather recliner across from Rose.

She took in his appearance. He was wearing a camouflage hoodie, grey sweatpants, and white Air Force Ones on his feet. His dreads hair was pulled up in a ponytail. Her eyes fell on the Rose necklace around his neck.

It gave her hope that their relationship was still intact.

"It keeps coming and going.." she mumbled looking up at him. He took in her appearance. She looked pretty rough. Her hair was in a messy ponytail on top of her head. Her face was red and flustered from all the nose blowing and coughing. She didn't look like herself at all.

"I got a few things for you hopefully that make you feel better."

"I appreciate you," She comment hearing his phone interrupt their conversation. Roscoe took his phone out his pocket and declined the call.

"You eat?"

"No, I'm not hungry."

Roscoe stood up, he went into the kitchen with David. David was warming Rose a bowl of chicken noodle supple Roscoe had bought for her.