9.

Roscoe sighed entering his wild homeroom, he noticed Rose had yet arrived to their class. The bell filled the classroom, a crowd of students entered the classroom.

He looked up from his phone noticing Rose was still missing.

"Ryan." Roscoe called out with a confused expression written across his face. Ryan turned around shock Roscoe knew his name.

"Where's Rose?" He asked.

"She had to run to the bathroom.. girl problems.." Concern washed over him something told him that she was lying. His teacher started talking, but he gathered his things, got up, and exited out the classroom.

He walked down the hallway toward the girls bathroom. Right on time, Rose was exiting the bathroom. He noticed she was looking more down than usual.

"Hey!" She chirped trying to force a smile on her face but he saw right through her. Her eyes were puffy and red, she's been crying. Instead of saying anything, he simply wrapped his arms around her. She melted against and burst into tears.

He didn't know why she was crying but he knew she needed someone.

"It's going to be okay, Rosey." He encouraged the girl who was having a breakdown. Today was her mother's birthday and it was harder than she thought it would be.

A few moments later, she finally calmed down. She wiped the tears away from her chin. He used the pad of his thumb and wiped away a stray tears.

"You drive today?" He asked and she nodded handing him the keys.

"Lets get out here.." he said. She slid her hand into his and left the school with him.

Roscoe got in the driver seat of the range while she got in the passenger.

"Where we going?" She sniffed.

"I have no clue," he smiled looking over at her, she smiled before bursting into laughter.

"We can go to my house," She suggested. He was surprised. They've been cool for a month but he didn't know she trusted him that much.

She typed on her gps giving him address. He started the truck up and headed to Rose house. Rose on the other hand, dialed her father's number to let him know she was going him with Roscoe.

"Yes, that guy." She blushed covering her face, Roscoe laughed knowing she's been talking about him.

"I will.. love you too," She said ending the call.

They soon arrived to her house. He followed her inside the large house, and took in the beautiful house.

"Your house is dope," He complimented taking a seat on the brown couch. The living room was laid on. The flat screen television was sitting on the wall, and the decorations on the wall was impressive.

"Thank you." She said before disappearing into her bedroom. His eyes lifted up to the television to spongebob. She soon returned dressed in a pair of basketball shorts, a red oversized t-shirt, and fuzzy socks on her feet.

"You hungry or anything?" She asked placing her hands on her hips.

"Nah, I'm good."

"Okay," she said sliding into the recliner and turning her attention to the television. He wanted to bring up the fact she had a mental breakdown not too long ago, but he wasn't going to pressure her.

They sat in silence for a few hours. He was dozing off but the sound of her sniffing and crying gained his attention.

"Come here.." he mumbled. At first, she hesitated but eventually went over to him. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, and she laid her head against his chest.

"What's wrong?" She sniffed with tears still strolling down her face.

"My mom birthday would've been too-day," she cried. He took a deep breath, he didn't know how to comfort her. He didn't know what to say, so he stayed quiet for a moment.

So he just started humming softly. Roscoe has a beautiful voice, and it was very surprising once he sung. Rose breathing started to slow down, and before she knew it.

She had fell asleep, Roscoe soon fell asleep after her.

Few hours later...

Roscoe eyes slowly opened noticing Rose was no longer on him asleep. The sound of chatting and laughing filled the kitchen.

"Look whose finally up!" Rose smiled walking into the living room with her father, David by her side.

David walked toward Roscoe to introduce himself. Roscoe noticed and stood up, David took this time to take his appearance. He was a little taller than David and larger.

"I'm Roscoe."

"I'm David.. I heard a lot about you," He smiled shaking his hand.

"I hope good things," Roscoe smiled noticing the grey New York police department he was wearing. 

David chuckled releasing Roscoes hand, "Good things."

"I'm glad you guys finally met," Rose spoke up with a bright smile. "Roscoe, I'm cooking dinner and I would love for you to stay."

"I can do that."

She smiled, "Great, come join me."

David took a seat in the living room. Roscoe exited the living room and went into the kitchen with Rose.

"What you cooking?" He asked watching her mix the batter for her brownies.

"I made spaghetti... it's cooking now in the oven. Now I'm making brownies," she smiled up at him. He nodded watching her look back at the bowl.

"I really appreciate you being here for me." She said breaking the silence.

"You would've done the same for me."

"You're right," she grinned. "You know something when I first met you, you was sooo mean.. but I knew it was an act which is why I made you my friend," She confessed. "It's like you're a teddy bear."

He smiled, "I don't like people but you're different, so I decided to give you a chance."

"I'm glad you let me in your little world."

"Me too.."