10.

Two months rolled by and Roscoe had finally saved himself enough money for a little apartment in the projects near his high school and job. He didn't mind the location he grew up in that neighborhood his whole life everyone knew not to fuck with his crazy ass.

Even though his only 17 he was approved because his birthday was this month and he had a steady income.

"On some real shit you not fuckin with that baddie I saw you with the other day?" Michael the quarterback of the football team asked Roscoe.

"Rose?" He questioned his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Yeah, the new cheerleader." Michael replied.

"Nah, she da homie," Roscoe told him leaning against his locker watching Rose approach them. 

"Hey big head," She grinned giving him a bear hug.

"Wassup, Rosey," He embraced her back firmly, she smiled pulling away noticing Michael. Rosey was a nickname he started calling her recently.

She stood by close to Roscoe side.

"Hey," She waved to Michael remembering the she rejected him on the first day of school. He was cute but she thought his cockiness was a turn off.

"Hey, Rosey," He copied Roscoe's nickname. Both Rose and Roscoe shot him a death glare he didn't know the history behind that nickname and had no right to call her that.

"Only big Daddy can call me that," Rose smiled hitting Roscoe's hard chest. "It's Rose to you," She smiled turning to Michael.

She looked at Roscoe feeling his eyes on her, he glared down at her, she smirked in response. "I'll see you in class baby daddy."

They watched her leave. "You sure y'all ain't fuckin?" Michael asked again before he made his shot... again. He didn't want no issues especially with Roscoe crazy ass.

"Leave me the fuck alone," Roscoe said annoyed that he was still speaking to him about Rose. On a regular, he would act as if Roscoe didn't exist. Nothing was new in Roscoe book.

"Cool," Michael shot Roscoe a smile before walking to his first class. Roscoe rolled his eyes not bothered nor intimated by Michael corny ass.

Roscoe entered his first class spotting Rose in her familiar spot in front of his desk. He took his seat taking in her appearance she had finally learned the style of New York but she still wore her bright ass colors every now and then.