Chapter 5

After a long and peaceful rest, Lupus awoke to Moon gently poking him. "Cmon Lupus, it's cave time" She said to him while ascending from poking to gently shaking him. Lupus yawned Why can't I just SLEEEP"Because, we have class today!" Moon said with a snort of laughter.

After a grueling and toilsome journey from the hammock to the ground, Lupus stood there with a rather irritated expression. Then, it hit him, THE DREAM! I have to tell Moon. "Moon someone came to me in a dream!" He quickly said to the NightWing. "Was it an ominous voice, wanting you to join him?" Moon asked, looking extremely concerned for some reason. "It was. I was in a room, and there was a table full of notes. Moon! It was about mind reading!" As Lupus said this, Moon couldn't help but notice this was the most excited the NightWing had been around her.
Lupus bounded over to his satchel in the floor and jotted down as much as he could remember of the cryptic scriptures he saw in a small makeshift black leather journal.

(Leave a note in the comments of you want me to publish the scrolls! I'd be happy to if enough people are fine with me kind of deviating from Noir for a bit to get them written!)

After he had written down all he remembered, he slid the journal back into his satchel, quickly snapping the silver clasps on the front to keep it closed. "Moon where did you say we had to go?" Lupus looked over at the NightWing, who was patiently waiting by the entrance to the small sleeping cave. He quickly picked up his bag and walked to the entrance of the cave. "We have our Winglet meeting today. Kinkjou told me about it." Moon answered Lupus' question and then proceeded to leave the small sleeping cave, and enter into the hallway where Kinkajou was. "Hey you two!" Kinkajou responded cheerfully as she saw the pair exit the cave. A loud gong rang three times, echoing through the cave walls. "That's the warning bell!" Kinkajou yelled, and then motioned for them to follow.

Kinkajou shot down the hall like a loose cannon blast, dodging dragons left and right as she was pretty much flying down the hall, with the pair of mind readers close behind her.

The bell tolled twice, and Kinkajou dove down another passageway, almost running into Fatespeaker, who was standing by the gong, proudly holding a large mallet in her talons. "Come on YOU TWO!" Kinkajou yelled behind her, directing her statement to Lupus and Moon. Don't understand why we have class today. I'd rather go to the library. Moons mind chimed quietly, and Lupus looked at her, not slowing his pace at all. He touchy to himself Better rethink my viewpoint on her. Lots of stuff I need to know. As if out of nowhere, he ran into another dragon, not paying attention at all.

"S-sorry!" He said quickly, picking himself up and helping the dragon. She was a Nightwing, a lot like him, but he noticed that she had red scales along her back and wings. Seems shy. Her mind said with a rather quick assumption. "It's okay" She said to him, her eyes reflecting no anger or frustration. Lupus quickly looked down to avoid her stare, and proceeded to help pick up the small satchel he had knocked out of her talons. She's got a satchel like mine. His mind thought with a sense of hope, wanting someone like him to talk to.

As if like a death sentence of this perfect moment, the bell tolled once, signifying that class was starting. Lupus handed her the bag and turned quickly, about to run again. "W-wait! What was your name?" The dragon said quickly. "It's Lupus!" He said as he ran to class. Didn't get her name. I wish I had more time. He thought quickly, diving down the hall and into the classroom.

Tsunami, the SeaWing from the dragonets of destiny, scowled at him for being late. About time he showed up. I was about to start without him. Her thoughts went off like this, but as Lupus listened more intently, he heard this one lone thought. Heard he got kicked out of his home. Three times to boot. Must be scared to be here. I understand that.  As he studied his surroundings, he noticed there was a dragon from every tribe in here. Must be to teach them to get along together. Make friends from other tribes I guess. Moon nodded, hearing his thought, and he realized she was staring at him, probably trying to figure out why he was late. He noticed the SandWing from the prey center the day before, and his IceWing clawmate.