Chapter 2

(So in this variation of book 6, Lupus takes Carnelians place. Enjoy the first person~ ;3)

I awoke to a Nightwing staring over me. She was roughly the same age as me, with beautiful eyes, and luscious scales. I sit up slowly and yawn loudly. "Hello.. I-I'm Moon, well Moonwatcher, but just Moon really" she said. I smiled and struggled a response from my seldom used vocal chords, "I'm Lupus". I hear her brain chime out nice name and I smile, eager to hear some kind thoughts for once in my life. Eager to peek further into her mind, I go deeper, until she grabs her head and yells out in pain, falling over. "W-what was that?", she says, her voice strained. "It felt like, someone else was in my mind.". I look flustered and look away. "You're a mind reader too, aren't you?" She asks quietly.
"Y-yeah, I am." I say.
She looks like she had a chisel driven right through the back of her head and lays down, rubbing her temples and closing her eyes.

Just my luck, the first dragon I meet hates me now.

"I don't hate you" she says quietly, reading my mind. "It's just a lot to take in at once." I look over at her and sigh in relief. "I suppose you know most of my secrets then.", I say slowly, with a tune of fear in my voice. "I don't. Your mind is really hard to read, and a lot of stuff is shielded. Is there anything bad I need to know?", she says this with question in her tone and fear in her head. I respond hesitantly, with a quiet "Nothing bad unless you make it bad.", I lay back down and sigh, deciding whether or not I should sleep or get up and go look around. Sleep seemed like a good option.

A few hours later I woke to a start, a nightmare jolting me back to reality. I was back in the rainforest, and it was the day they kicked me out. I shake it off. Nothing to worry about that. I think confidently. Just as I'm about to get up from the small nest, there is a loud crashing and a dragon bursts in the room. "HELLO EVERYONE!" A bubbly Rainwing, with thoughts like honey, threw herself into the room. School! Wait, they put me with TWO nightwings? Do they not remember who I am??? Well eh, it's behind me I guess. Time to make friends! Sort out grudges later. I pushed myself out of the rainwings mind quickly, knowing staying in there would literally kill me with happiness and rainbows. "I'm KINKAJOU!", she yells  loudly and giggles, her scales turning a bright pink and blue, with speckles of gold. "I'm Moonwatcher", Moon says to Kinkajou rather slow, and in her eyes I can see she's still trapped in the joyous thoughts of the new rainwing.
"Names Lupus", I say quietly, and I stand up and stretch. "Moon, can I have a word?", I say to her. She nods, and I motion for her to come outside with me.

"So you already know I can read minds, but....I can also see the future. I've been having this vision, over and over again.", I say to her, messing with the medicine bag I have on my neck. "W-what was it?.." she asks, and I look her right in the eyes and respond slowly, but my words defining the fate of myself and anyone who knows this. "I saw the rise of a Monster, his name, was the Darkstalker." This was true, as I had seen visions of it happening for a while, due to my ability of foresight. She looks at me and sighs. "Wasn't that that Nightwing monster that tried to become king of the Nightwing ?" "Yeah that's him" I say. "Listen, if you hear any weird voices, let me know, please? I want you to be safe."
"Yeah, I'll let you know" she says.
Her mind chimes back with a voice, a mystery one, ominous and strong. You know little Moonwatcher, you shouldn't trust a monster. You know I'm your only hope.

Her head pops up and she shivers, looking at me with a pained stare.
(Yep, that right, Darkstalker is the bad guy right at the start, but his raising is inevitable :3)
"Moon, who was that?" I ask. She says after a while "I have no idea, he started trying to get me to help him when I arrived at school.". I look her right in the eyes and say this, fearful of what my visions have seen. "Moon, I think I know who it is you've been communicating with, but if I tell you, you'll run back to the rainforest". "She nods slowly and sighs. "Well can we at least take this off our minds?" She asks. "And do what?" I ask. "Well, we could go to the library", she says. "That sounds like a good idea, and while I'm at it I can look at a few visions while I'm at it, and see what we're up against." I say quickly.
Time to find out what to do against the apocalypse.