Chapter 4

As the trio was about to depart, Starflight asked hesitantly, "Do you three even know where the prey center is?" As he asked this, he put a talon on the desk in front of him, orienting himself. Kinkajou turned around and smiled sheepishly, then looked back at the three tunnels behind her, then slowly walked back to the desk, then in a rather subdued voice, said to the blind NightWing, "So where is the prey center again?" Starflight calmly pointed down the third corridor, and again the trio set off, this time aware of their destination.

Kinkajou brushed against Lupus and gently pushed him with her wing. "You'll love it at the prey center! Plenty of food for everyone!" she said cheerfully to him. Lupus could barely stand the endless flow of thoughts coming from the small RainWing, as skin contact just about doubled the pain of listening to dragons.

As they approached the prey center, Lupus could hear the uproar of dragons, eating, talking, and the overall mental overload of a mob of dragons thoughts. Lupus glanced over at Moon and mouthed to her "Do you want to sneak off and leave?" Moon nodded and went to slide away and disappear, but Kinkajou noticed and poked her gently, comforting her and encouraging her to stay.

The prey center was massive. In the middle was a large grey rock, and there was grass strewn about, with cliffs around the edge of the large room for dragons to perch on. The headache worsened, and Lupus winced and instinctively went to grab at his head. Stopping himself and trying to act normal so no one would notice his condition. Kinkajou, who had bounded over to greet a rather lazy looking Rainwing, who was lounging by a pile of fruit that was mounded up near a river. As Lupus and Moon went to sneak off again, Kinkajou waved her talons in the air, motioning the pair over to stay with her.

As the pair of mindreaders approached the Rainwing pair, Lupus couldn't help to notice the Rainwings thoughts, which were rather relaxing. This papaya tastes boring. I guess I normally like papaya. But this one is sort of boring all the way through. Like eating water. Boring water. I wonder when it will be sun time. After a while of listening, he pulled himself away, as however the Rainwings thoughts were relaxing, he would probably go mad listening to them for an extended period of time.

"Guys, this is my friend Coconut" Kinkajou says kindly to them, but the statement contradicted itself as Lupus heard her thoughts mutter Thought we were friends. This was quickly put aside, as Kinkajou finished the thought into words. "At least I thought he was my friend until I got abducted by Nightwings and he didn't even BAT AN EYE or NOTICE."  Lupus nodded and got up, shaking his wings and feeling extremely hungry, as he hadn't had a meal all day. "Hey, I'm going to go find something to eat" He says to the small group around the fruit pile.
As he is about to walk away, Kinkajou walks up next to him and hands him a mango, which had been sliced delicately and skillfully, by which he deduced in his head, by her. Her thoughts were all over the place, but most went something along the lines of Please stay. I can take shy, but I can't take this. He just seems so antisocial and shy around Rainwings, what happened? Lupus hesitantly took the mango slices and sat back down, his thoughts back on the mind of the small Rainwing. Seems there's more to her than I realized, He muses to himself.
He looks over to Moon and notices that she had taken two mangoes from the pile, and had sliced them down the middle. She was slowly eating one of the slices, and her eyes were misty, as if she was listening to something.

"Whewf" Suddenly said a voice behind the group, and Lupus jerked his head around to look at the stranger. "It's just me" The large dragon said, and Lupus recognized him as Clay, the Mudwing from the Dragonets of Destiny. The large Mudwing shooed a chicken away from the fruit and glanced around at the madness of his creation, "Soooo...", he said, "My plan hasn't exactly gone as.....Planned" Kinkajou giggled and responded "Clay, this place is MADNESS.". "I know" he said ruefully. While the Mudwing was talking extensively about his plans, Lupus glanced around the cave, looking at the variety of dragons and noticing how all the different dragons of each tribe kind of grouped together and kept their distance from the other groups.