20

"This is not how I wanted to spend this day." I grumbled, risking a glance around my hiding place.

"How did you wish to spend it?" Kaldur asked, pulling me backwards. An attack shot through where my head had just been.

"Going to visit our friends. How many people do you think I can take down?"

"Do not do anything reckless."

I raised an eyebrow, causing him to sigh.

"Try to be less reckless at the very least. As for the amount...fourteen."

You guys okay? Wally asked.

Yes, focus on protecting Miss Martian.

I'll...I'll be fine.

"Who are these people anyway?" I asked, risking looking around the corner again. Water darted out and slammed into a group of enemies, knocking them unconcious.

"The Cult of the Kobra and Psimon. Be careful, he has psychic abilities. The last time we faced him, he wiped our memories."

I sighed and moved back. I do not feel like forgetting everything again. Also I do not feel like drinking Gorgon's blood again.

"I will not let anything happen to you." Kaldur assured.

"You need to stop being concerned about me. I can handle myself."

"I have no doubts of that, but-"

I was slammed into Kaldur, who in turn was slammed into a wall. I quickly stood, keeping my body relaxed as I stared at our attacker.

"You are foolish to try and stop-" Kobra cut off as I kicked him.

"I know I am foolish, but that has never stopped me before." I smiled and blocked an attack.

"You are nothing more than a mosquito to me. I am a god, you insolent mortal."

"Aquagirl, can you handle this?"

"I will be fine. Go help the others." I blocked a punch.

Kaldur rushed away from me to go protect Megan. She had been caught by surprise and she is barely maintaining the link. Which Kaldur was initially opposed to but the benefits outweighed the risks.

I was handling myself well in the fight, dodging or blocking Kobra's attacks and countering with my own. His attacks slowed, causing me to smile.

"Perhaps I may be of assistance." Psimon spoke.

"I do not need your help!" Kobra's attacks sped up, though I kept pace. Atlantean combat training mixed with  demigod training means I am fairly skilled in hand to hand combat.

"How do you keep pace with a god?!"

"You are no god." I growled. I went from fighting actual deities to someone with a god complex.

"Enough of this foolishness." Psimon waved a hand and I was lifted into the air. "Let's see how strong your mind is."

"I have a question, is that your brain or-" Psychic energy blasted my mind and I groaned.

"Aquagirl!" Wally yelled, speeding over. He kicked Psimon before grabbing me.

"You okay hot stuff?" He sat me down beside Megan.

I rubbed my head and looked at Wally. "I will be fine."

My answer appeared to be satisfactory to him, but Kaldur knows me better than the rest of the Team.