36

"What is this supposed to be?" Artemis looked up at a small stone slab.

I walked over to stand next to her, smiling as I noticed it was Topo's handiwork.

"It's like an...animation I think. It's actually a recreation of a larger one. Here." I reached over the barrier and tapped the surface.

The art began moving, showing the story of how Kaldur became Aqualad.

"Sister, what are you doing? You are supposed to be talking with the guests." Kaldur walked over.

"Like you're supposed to be doing? I've had enough socialization for the next week."

"Your Highnesses! Would you mind if we get a picture?" A blonde I recognized as Cat Grant walked over with a smile on her face.

"Sure." I posed with her and Kaldur and smiled. The camera flashed and that was how everything started going downhill.

The lights cut out and people started screaming. A hand grabbed mine and pulled me towards Kaldur.

"I have you." He mumbled, bracing himself against the stampede.

My feet left the ground and I let out a tiny shriek before Megan's voice rang through my head.

I'm using my telekinesis to get you out of here.

We were sat in front of the rest of the Team, including Robin who seemed to have just showed up.

"We need to move now." Artemis pulled out a bow.

"This way." Robin kicked open a door and ran through it. We quickly followed after him.

My bare feet hit against the floor as we rounded the corner and the Team ushered us into a room before closing and locking the door.

"What is this place?" I asked, looking around at the bare walls.

"Safe room. With the amount of crime here having one of these is pretty much required." Robin pulled up blueprints on his wrist computer. "Did anyone see who it was?"

I sighed before they could respond. "Add this to the list of reasons why I shouldn't have to do these things."

"Does this go below or above the time you stabbed me in the stomach?" Kaldur asked.

"Can you two focus?! Someone is trying to kill you!" Connor growled.

"Chill. All we have to do is sit here and wait. Isn't like half the Justice League here?" Wally questioned. "And besides, no one can get in here anyway."

When he said that, a grate crashed to the floor. And a figure flipped down.

"Go!" Robin opened the door and shoved us out.

Kaldur and I took off, and based off of the sounds behind us the Team wasn't having much luck stopping the person trying to kill us.

And we weren't having much luck when we slipped in the main gallery.

"I suppose I should be upset. But I do like a good chase."

I rolled over and stared at the girl who spoke.

She drew a sword and stalked towards us. "I took out your guard dogs, don't expect a rescue."

I managed to get to my feet and put myself between her and Kaldur. "If you want to hurt him, you're going to have to go through me."

"Good, makes my job that much easier." She rushed at me and swung her sword, only to have it blocked by my dagger.

"Do you think they would send me up here without training?" I smirked and made sure I could uncap Riptide.

"And you think you can beat me? You're a spoiled princess."

She swung at me again, and the two of us were exchanging blow after blow, our blades clashing.

A small smile was on my face the entire time I fought. It was no challenge to keep pace with her, in fact I am toying with her.

Hey, she was playing cat and mouse with us, why can I not do it with her?

"Watch out!" Wally yelled and in the small instance I took my attention away, a blade slashed across my stomach.

I immediately put up my guard again, aware of the blood spilling down my skin.

She had slipped past me and walked over to Kaldur. He looked at me helplessly, he doesn't have a weapon on him. His outfit makes it a lot harder to hide one.

I rolled my eyes and ran over, kicking her in the side.

She hit a wall and I winced, I did not mean to put that much force behind the kick.

"Superboy, KF get them out of here!" Robin threw some birdarangs.

"On it!" Wally rushed over and scooped me up before running outside and through the streets until we were at an old telephone booth.

It did not take long for Connor to show up, carrying Kaldur.

"Are you okay?" Kaldur walked over to me, his eyes dimming as they stared at the wound. "You are still injured from before as well..."

"I don't even feel that. I'll be fine."

"Her weapons are laced with poison." Wally stated.

"Congratulations, that would mean something if I wasn't immune to pretty much every type of poison there is." One of the perks of being tortured I guess.

Kaldur sighed. "So what are we going to do-" He leaned to the side as an arrow shot through where his head had just been.

A figure jumped down from the fire escape and laughed.

"You think we're that stupid to just send one person after a target?"

"Do you think we're stupid enough to not have a backup plan?" I fixed my circlet, glancing over at Kaldur.

"Uh, babe. We don't." Wally mumbled.

"Well you guys don't, but we do." I dropped the pearl on the ground and stepped on it. The protective shell soon encased me and rose up.

It drifted towards the docks and then past them, taking us out into clear water.

What comes from the sea, returns to the sea.

So...

It flooded last night

And guess what

It knocked out our water line

Like we can't even find the pipe.

Now if you excuse me, I am going to supposedly work on my costume

I might not, depending on if my grandma gets upset with me for taking the TV

I mean, it's not like she hasn't watched all those hallmark movies before

It's also not like she doesn't have a TV in her room....

Which when I tell her that she asks why I don't watch TV in my room and I'm like...

I

Don't

Have

A

TV

And

I'm gonna eat

See yah