35

"I hate this." I groaned and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"We are not even at the venue yet." Kaldur said.

"That does not mean I cannot already hate this."

"It only gets worse. The Team is supposed to act as body guards. Meaning-"

"We are both in physical danger and in danger of the Team figuring everything out." I placed a hand over my face. "We cannot let them find out Kaldur. If they find out that you are a prince and that you kept it from them..."

He sighed. "Unfortunately, I think our appearances are enough to give it away, and I doubt they would be convinced if I said I was masquerading as a prince in order to protect you better."

I glanced over at him. He was wearing the same style of outfit our king had prepared for him when we were twelve.

In all honesty, the outfit is similar to Prince Orm's. A golden collar met with the sea green fabric of his tank top. The same type of metal formed his belt, arm guards, and the circlet denoting his position.

I myself wore a similar one, and although both have the same overall shape with a pearl centered within, mine was slightly more ornate.

It is also worth mentioning that the pearls are of the same variety that I received when I was twelve. My father's doing most definitely.

But I do wish to know who designed my outfit. It is almost a complete replica of our queen's with the only differences being mine is purple and I have small bracelets and anklets made of the same stones as my sash, albeit smaller.

"I may have an idea." I spoke softly, a small smile appearing on my lips. "Though we may need some help to pull it off."

"What is it?" Kaldur raised an eyebrow.

I glanced up at the driver, an Atlantean who our king trusts implicitly, but I leaned closer to Kaldur.

"Perhaps the Mist may be of assistance. And you remember how you acted around Beckendorf correct?Less proper?"

"You mean similar to you when you are at camp?" He whispered back.

I nodded.

"That may work. Do you wish to try?"

I nodded and mumbled a quick prayer before snapping my fingers.

Even to my own eyes, Kaldur's skin lightened a shade while his hair darkened to black. His eyes changed to the same purple as Garth's, his gills disappeared from sight as did his tattoos and webbings.

"Is this how the others at camp would see you without your jacket?" Kaldur's eyes scanned me.

"No." I shook my head. I wish that was the case. "Father is doing this for us. We are only seeing each other with the Mist as I asked him to make sure we could know how we both appeared. To demigods or clearsighted mortals we risk discovery."

Kaldur nodded and grabbed my hand as the car slowed. "We will have to be careful."

The doors were soon opened and Kaldur and I climbed out. I held my head high as the Team and a few members of the League walked towards us.

I glanced at my brother before looking at them again. I did not say anything, instead waiting for them to speak first.

"It's such an honor to meet you." Megan smiled. "I lived my entire life on Mars and I never got to meet a member of the royal family."

"Your Highnesses, as you no doubt have been told, there is a high possibility of an assassination attempt being made against you. These youth will act as your guards." Hawkgirl gestured to the Team.

I raised an eyebrow. "I can't speak for my brother, but I don't need a bodyguard."

I have my dagger strapped to my thigh and Riptide is tucked into top of my outfit. Not to mention my powers.

"You don't know what the people up here can do." Wally crossed his arms.

"And you don't know what the things underwater can do." Kaldur scoffed. "I don't see the reason why we need guards."

The Team looked at each other and then Megan looked at me.

"Is it okay if I set up a telepathic connection with the two of you? It'll let us communicate with you without talking."

I looked at Kaldur. "Should we?"

"It would not be the wisest course of action. She may try to look into our minds."

I nodded and then looked at Megan.

"No."

"Why not?" Wally questioned.

"I don't need to explain myself to you, Earther." I lifted my chin.

"It isn't wise to be rude to the people meant to protect you." Hawkgirl said.

I exhaled and shook my head. "If you say so, now which way are we supposed to go?"

The Team led us through the museum until we reached the main gallery.

I stared at the sculptures and murals, trying to keep the smile from my face. And then the embarrassment as I saw a mural Dad must have commissioned.

I was not paying too much attention to the Team, but I did hear Wally make a comment.

"Why does Aqualad want us to protect them? They're acting like jerks."

"They're royalty. If they weren't acting like this I would be concerned." Megan responded.

Soon people flooded into the room and I engaged in meaningless conversations with several billionaires, including Bruce Wayne and Oliver Queen.

Kaldur would occasionally lift his hand as if he were trying to grab a waterbearer, but he always managed to disguise it as fixing his crown.

"Relax, nothing is going to happen."

Okay, I would publish this on Wednesday but I probably won't be able to so...

What do you think is going to happen

What do you want to see

And...

I put up voting for next months schedule in the Schedule book

See yah