27

Kaldur was sitting on the couch reading when I walked in.

Without a word I sat next to him, looking over to see that the book was written in English.

I sighed. I may know English, but it is my fourth language. If you take into account my dyslexia, my avoidance of English texts is very much understandable.

Kaldur shifted his grip on the book, moving his arm. "Do you wish for me to read aloud?"

"If you want to." I laid down, my head resting on his leg. "What are you reading?"

"A book Megan recommended."

I nodded and listened as he started reading. Water from his cup rose and drifted to my hands, it swirled gently around them.

"Percy, can you put it back? I need to take a drink."

I sighed and dropped the water back in his cup. "You are no fun."

"Do you wish for me to read or not?" He said before taking a drink. He sat his cup down before continuing.

I tried my hardest to listen to him, but I could not prevent my mind from wandering.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course, why do you ask?"

"We both know your powers react to your emotions more than mine and I am content. So what is bothering you?"

I glanced at the cup, and the water within swirling aggressively.

"I told you I am okay, there is not much more I can say to assure that is the truth."

With a sigh Kaldur sat the book aside and pulled me up so I was sitting on his lap, my back against his chest.

"I am not sure there is anything you could do to make me believe that is the truth."

His arms prevented me from moving, though I did not want to. I was more than happy to be surrounded by my brother's warmth, to feel protected by him.

A smile appeared on my face as I relaxed.

"If anyone walks in, we will have our plan sealed in their mind." I said.

"It is not our fault Earthers do not share the familial values of our culture." He chuckled, pulling me closer.

He shifted me in his grip so I could face him. He placed his hands on the side of my face, resting his forehead on mine.

"Percy, I need you to listen to me. If you tell me what is wrong, I can attempt to help you. I am not saying that I will be able to, I am saying that I will try. And I am also saying that you can scream and cry as much as you want when you tell me, the only thing you cannot do is give up."

"Guys! We've got a problem!"

Later

I pressed my lips together as Klarion blocked all of Artemis and Robin's attacks. This is not good.

"That's the best you can do?" A grin spread across his face.

He held out a hand and a red burst of lightning shot down at my teammates.

Kaldur, Wally, and Connor rushed at Klarion while Megan and I stood back.

When our male teammates were ricocheted off of a barrier, I came out into the open. I shot water towards the barrier, mumbling various expletives as I did so.

"Heh, baby magic." He then spoke an incantation that launched me through the air.

I screamed, but did not hit the ground.