32

I yawned and sat up, wincing as I did so. I could not figure out why I was in the infirmary until I looked down and saw the bandage wrapped around my stomach.

Right...Chrysaor attacked me and managed to follow me back to the Cave.

I pressed my lips into a thin line as the memory came forward. A quickening beeping made me aware of the heart monitor hooked to me.

I took a few steadying breaths, attempting to lower my heart rate.

The door to the room opened and Mother walked in talking to Father over her shoulder. She looked over at me and froze, a relieved smile appearing on her face.

She calmly walked over to me and sat on the cot. Father stood awkwardly to the side.

Mother drew me into a hug, pulling my hands up to her neck.

"I have missed you my daughter." She whispered, as if she was afraid I may disappear from her embrace.

Tears began to fall from my eyes causing Mother to pull me closer.

She did not attempt to hush me as sobs escaped my lips. Instead she made every attempt to keep me from forcing myself to stop crying.

"There you go." She cooed. "Your tears are not something to be ashamed of."

I pressed myself closer to her, continuing to cry despite my irrational fear of...I do not even know what it is that I am scared of, but there is a part of me that does not want to cry in front of her.

A hand rested on my back and the cot dipped. I was pulled away from Mother's warm hold into Father's equally warm one.

"I love you." He mumbled. "I know I am not truly your father, but I love you as though I am."

"You are." I whispered, wiping away my tears. Mother's hands soon caught mine and held them from my face.

Her eyes scanned mine for a moment before she cradled my face in her hands.

"Do not be ashamed of crying. I know you are having some form of misgiving about letting your tears fall in front of me, but I am your mother, I will not judge you."

"Nor will I." Father added, tightening his grip on me.

I choked back a cry as a surge of pain coursed through my body. However, they both noticed.

"Calvin, you are hurting her." Mother scolded lightly. She then sighed and turned off the heart monitor before unhooking me from it.

"Percy, it may be best if you do return home. You have already done so much for the world and you know I would only be telling you this if I believed it to be in your best interest." She met my eyes, worry shining in hers.

"Wonder Woman enlisted the help of Chiron to tend to you. The only things that convince him otherwise were your Atlantean features and Kaldur's butchering of your name." Father mumbled, resting his chin atop of my head.

"Is he returning?"

"He should be returning soon. He and Wonder Woman went to grab medical supplies."

I sighed and pulled away from him so I could stand. I swayed slightly but soon steadied myself.

Without a word I walked towards the kitchen, ignoring the stares I earned from the Team and from Roy.

A pair of arms wrapped around me as I stood in front of the fridge. I could feel Kaldur's heart beating against my back.

"Should you be up?"