9

"Where have you been?"

"Nowhere that concerns you Fish Head." I shoved my hands in my pockets.

"It does concern me. You are a member of this team and you were gone for a week." Kaldur crossed his arms. "You could have been kidnapped. I thought you were kidnapped."

"So you do care. Have I missed anything?"

"Just me missing you beautiful." Wally grinned.

Kaldur clenched his hands into fists before sighing. "Next time you wish to go somewhere, inform me or another member of the Team. It will allow me to keep track of you."

"I do not remember you giving birth to me, so please stop acting like you did."

I caught the Team exiting the room out of the corner of my eye.

"You are a part of this team, that means you have to act like it. What would have happened if you were in trouble?"

"In case you are having trouble remembering, I am capable of handling myself. I do not need-"

A scream pierced the air.

Kaldur and I looked at each other before taking off towards the source of the sound.

"Who is this?" I asked as we turned down a hallway, following the now audible yelling and banging.

"I believe it is Artemis."

We came to a stop outside a door that had a piece of metal wedged against it.

I kicked it away before whipping the door open. I expected Artemis to tumble out...I did not expect to be shoved in.

Kaldur fell on top of me and the door was slammed shut.

You two are not coming out until you can get along.

Kaldur moved off of me. I could hear him mess with something and the yelling stopped.

"A recording," he said.

I didn't respond, my heart racing. I can't see anything and there's so much pressing against me.

A few tears slid down my face and I pulled my knees to my chest. A whimper escaped my throat as I began to shake.

"Percy?" Kaldur's hand touched my shoulder and I jerked away from him.

"You are okay. We are in a closet. There's nothing that can hurt you here."

When I didn't say anything, he sighed and pulled me onto his lap. Holding my head against his chest, he rocked back and forth, attempting to calm me.

Tears fell down my face. He is only succeeding in making the room seem smaller.

"I will not count this against you...if you tell me where you were."

"Camp." I forced out, hand gripping his jacket.

His webbed hands took mine, guiding them up to his neck.

"Okay, now why were you there?"

"They asked me to come." My fingers drew along the edge of his gills. The gesture of trust gave me some comfort, along with the familiar scent of the ocean mixed with Kaldur's cologne.

However, whatever calmness I obtained was taken away when there was a loud banging against the door, followed by metal rattling.

I started trembling, pulling my hands back to my chest.

"You never used to be claustrophobic," Kaldur commented. "What-"

He cut off as he noticed me beginning to hyperventilate.

He banged on the door, trying to get someone to release us. With each knock, I curled up tighter and tighter.

"Stop!" I sobbed. "Stop it!"

He immediately stopped and his hands cupped my face.

"You are okay. Nothing is going to happen to you." He whispered. "Focus on me. I cannot risk you destroying anything else."

Of course...he only wants to protect the Team.

The closet lit up as Kaldur pulled out his phone.

"Kaldur'ahm, what do you need?" Orin's voice came through the speaker as Kaldur held the device between us.

"The others have locked Percy and myself in a supply closet and she is hyperventilating. I cannot calm her down."

"I will be there soon. I am going to be on standby for the simulation today."

"Thank you my king."

The room went dark again as Kaldur turned off his phone.

He pulled me back to his chest. "Listen to me. He will be here soon. You stay concious until then."

"What- What simulation?" I managed.

"The League refuses to tell us until closer to us actually doing it. Why are you claustrophobic?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"So I can keep you out of situations where you could put the others in danger."

"Considering you let me touch your gills, you are not acting like you truly trust me." I wiped my eyes before crossing my arms.

"I was attempting to calm you. That is why I am talking with you currently. You should be thankful that I did not tell our king about my misgivings."

I pulled away from him, pressing my back against the wall. I would much rather deal with hyperventilating and passing out than the fake sympathy and thinly veiled criticism from Kaldur.

I could hear him sigh.

"My phone is almost out of charge. Do you want to use it now or save it in case we need to make another phone call?"

Before I could answer, the door was pulled open, flooding the closet with light.

I stood and rushed out, running straight into Orin.

He caught me and held me close to him as my few remaining tears leaked out.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "Do you feel as though you can take part in this exercise?"

I nodded and pulled away, wiping my eyes again.

"And you my son?" He looked at Kaldur.

Kaldur nodded. "I am fine my king. Is everything ready?"

"Yes, now come along so we can get started."

So...

Final time...

What do you think is going on

And

What do you think is going to happen

Because the next chapter is the revesl.

But I think I'll wait until I update some other books

Anyway...

See yah