Chapter 8 Page 3

(Repeat song till the end)

(Wednesday 8:30 a.m)

Day: 5 in California

Erryn's Pov//

I get up early and look around my room to see the sunlight taking over the room making me smile. Being on this trip has just been incredible.

I get out of my bed throw my silk robe over me and go straight to the kitchen.

I walk in to see a shitless Ethan with sweatpants showing his V line. He didn't notice me he was too focused on mixing what looked like pancake mix.

"Enjoying the view?" He asked not even bothering to look up from the bowl. "Are you trying to imply that I'm checking you out?" I ask crossing my arms while leaning on the entrance way.

"I'm sorry I forgot we're still playing that game where you act like you don't want me." He said looking up now. "You mean reality?" I ask walking up him.

"You don't have to keep playing pretend." He said stepping forward getting in my face. "Who's pretending?" I ask.

"You know, I'll believe you when you do this. Look me in my eyes and tell me you don't want me fuck you senseless right here right now and I'll believe it." He smirked throwing me off.

Instead of playing into his game I swipe my thumb across his cheek getting some batter that was there. I lick the batter off my thumb and speak up.

"Needs more sugar." I basically whisper due to how close he was to me. I feel him suddenly grab my wrist since my hand was still at my mouth. Him doing this made me gasp.

I felt him pick me up putting me on the counter. He stood in-front of me standing between my legs. I lean into his ear and whisper.

"I'd much rather have Grayson fuck me senseless." I say before hopping off the counter and walking back to my room closing the door.

The tension between me and Ethan is thick and when I say thick I mean it. If Amariah wasn't here I could tell you the things that would have probably happened.

I don't like Ethan I think. It's just that Grayson and I had, have a very very.. sexual relationship. We haven't done anything since I left. That was like 5 days ago.

Like that sounds like nothing but it's a long ass time.

And then Ethan's here reminding me every second That my boyfriend isn't here by having the literal same face as him.

Whatever the case I have 2 more days to get through this.

Tomorrow is Coachella, but today we're spending the day looking for apartments and whatnot.

•••
(Wednesday 2:45 p.m.)

"There's something wrong with apartment too right?" Amariah said as I looked around the 4th apartment we've looked in today.

Good thing Ethan stayed at the hotel he would've hated this.

"It's not that there's something wrong, but it just- it I don't know it's too small." I said shrugging. "We've spent half our high school life worried about this." Amariah said.

That's when it hit me.

When we talked about this before I had nothing to want to stay in Jersey for, but every apartment we go to I get help but think about Grayson.

"What's the real reason?" She asked crossing her arms. "That is the reaso-"

"Don't lie. Erryn these apartments are beautiful, damn near perfect. What's the problem?" She asked.