14• cricket

It's been two days since the party and Kimberly and I have been at Lisa's house everyday.

I wake up in an empty bed. I stretch out in a star shape before using the toilet, resulting in me finding Kim in the shower. I let her know that I'm about to get breakfast started and she nods with a smile.

Not much later she appears downstairs in one of my shirts. "Hi, daddy." She speaks with a smile.

"Hi baby, we have plans today" I smile.

"What plans?" She sits at the table.

"Were all going to play cricket in the field, I Will say though, I have no idea how to play" I chuckle nervously.

"It's fine, we're not all that good anyway" she laughs. "When are we leaving?"

"Were going to have breakfast then walk over to Lisa's and I believe we're all leaving then" I inform her.

I hand her some toast and she eats it all up. She goes upstairs and I follow. She pulls her clothes out, a pink crop top with black sport shorts. She puts on sandals but then puts a pair of trainers  in her backpack.

I go to grab out a pair of jeans and a shirt when she stops me. "I really wouldn't wear jeans if I were you" she warns. "It gets boiling I can promise you that" I decide to take what she says Into account and throw on some sweatpants material shorts and a regular top along with my trainers.

She throws her hair into a bun on top of her head and grabs a bottle out of one of her backpacks. "What's that?" I ask.

"It's cooling mist, we will defiantly be needing it" She smiles and puts that in her bag too.

We start to walk over to her nans and when we arrive we walk straight in. "Come on then you bunch of bitches! Let's move!" She shouts to everyone in the house. I warn her for swearing and then her three uncles and auntie come in from out the garden. Kim tells me that she's going to get her dad because he said he was going to come which was a shock and she then follows to get her uncle.

After everyone is ready we start walking over the bridge. "I don't understand what the hell is going on with you and my daughter but I see you make her happy, you hurt her I swear I will rip out your throat" he clenches his fists. dale, her father has always been angry towards me.

"I will never intend on hurting her, also I've noticed she gets her anger from you" I chuckle nervously in hopes of lightening the mood. Her father just nods and walk ahead with his brother. Kim holds back to me and grabs my hand in hers.

"Hi" she smiles.

"Well hello there princess" I chuckle.

"Thank you for getting everyone to come out" she hugs me.

"Anything for you sweetheart" I rub her head. She dangles off me for a while when we walk until we reach the field.

Chris' kid Arthur and dale's younger kids Caitlin and Adrian all go and run around. Kim runs and grabs the cricket set off dani and pushes the three wickets into the ground. She used the ball to measure them out and this is when I realise that they all do in-fact know how to play cricket, and it's only me who doesn't. Dale measures out 24 paces and sticks the other wicket in.

Dani turns on some music and then more people show up. The boy with black hair form the hot tub shows up, his name is Sam apparently, shane, Jordan, Ben and Richard.

Everyone spreads out and they ask who wants to go first. They go by age and so Kim's cousin Carl goes first. He hits the ball and to be fair it's not that far, I stay by Kim the whole time not really knowing how to play.

"Babe, how do I play this exactly" I finally ask because otherwise there's no point in playing.

"Well, the batsman which is Carl at the moment hits the ball thrown by the bowler okay? The bowler is my dad for now.  Then once he hits it he got to run back and forth each stump to rack up points but the ball, nor his bat can hit the stump. As fielders you have to try and catch the ball without it touching the floor and then you catch them out. You got to get the ball and throw it to the bowler for them to catch them out if it touched the floor" she explains briefly while keeping her eye still on the game. I just nod my head now getting a better understanding of the game.

Carl is now out and then comes grace. Grace hits it but it isn't far, Caleb catches it and look pretty chuffed. He takes the bat. The moment Caleb is batsman even one seems to clear out a little more, Kim runs all the way down to the back of the field. Surely he can't be that good. I stay in a little more than the others in hopes that he will gets. Faulty ball.

The ball is thrown and Caleb hits it. A loud noise is heard when the ball comes in contact with the bat. Kim was right in her choice of placing, the ball goes down to her it hits the ground so she picks it up and throws it to dani to throw to her dad.

We play for a little longer until dales up. I position myself roughly by Kim and her dad hits the ball, he hits it quite far. It comes down to Kim and she dives for it. She catches and screams with excitement "Yes! Ha ha!" She pokes her tongue out.

She runs down to get the bat and I can see how happy this makes her. She misses being home, she doesn't say she does but I know she does.

She grabs the bat and stands in her position, Dani throws the ball the her and she hits it over to the left. Caleb try's to catch it but he fails.

Eventually Shane catches Kim out.  Everyone sits down for a little, worn out from the game. Kim, grace and Carl are still playing though. Kim really loves this game.

Kim goes to bat the ball that grace throws but then Shane stands and signals for grace not to throw just yet. Shane holds onto Kim's waist and positions her better and guides her to step into the ball. She copy's what he tells her and the outcome is better, but I really didn't appreciate his hands being on her. But either way, Richard kept his mouth shut which I appreciated.