12• past mistakes

I let out an aggravated sigh and leave the beer tend, walking straight past the person I'd rather not be anywhere near.

A long time ago Robert and I took a break. Things were getting stressful, my family didn't like him for his age and he began setting up the business, it was too much for us to handle, especially due to us often being away from one another for a while at a time. I told Robert that he should try move in from me, that I wasn't in a great place and I didn't want to do anything to upset him, and that if we still lived and needed one another, then we'd go back to each other.

On that note I also attempted to move on to test if what my family were eating was true. They would constantly tell me that I didn't love Robert, that I just wanted make attention from someone. But I knew I loved Robert, I just couldn't deal with the constant arguments I would have with my father over the man I loved. That was when I was eighteen and Robert was twenty three.

Richard was one of my Dad's friends, I was very upset over this whole Robert situation and he comforted me. He basically took advantage of my vulnerability and got the both of us rather drunk. We ended up sleeping together. I told Robert and he said that he obviously wasn't mad at me because it was in the time we were apart. Bute he did admit to feeling disappointed that I would let someone use me like that.

Needless to say that Robert and I got back together no longer than three months later after realising how much we needed each other.

And now he's here. Richard is here. I made my way over to Robert and crouched down to where he was seated. "Remember that Richard person I told you about when I was eighteen?"

"Yes?" His answer came out sounding more like a question.

"That's him over there." I gesture my head over to the shirtless guy with a rose tattoo on his neck.

"That's him? How old is he?" He wasn't asking to sound offensive, it was most likely the fact he didn't look my fathers age.

I took a moment to think. "At the time he was twenty five I think, so should be around thirty now." Robert raised to his feet causing me to copy and place my hand son his. "You can't blame him it was me too."

"He took advantage of you." He says rather sternly. Looking at me like I'm crazy.

" he took advantage of the situation-"

"You." He interrupted.

"Get over it, look past it. Please don't kick off tonight" I pout.

"Fine, but only because you're absolutely adorable." He sat back down in his seat.

I stood in front of him, tugging at his large hand. "Come in the hot tub?"

"Not tonight, not while everyone is drinking. I'm the only sober person here so it may be best that I keep an eye out for everyone." He gestures a soft smile which makes me copy his.

"Okay." I take off my shorts and my kimono, handing them to Robert for him to look after before I step into the hot tub with my grandfather and grandmother who is so small that the jets cause her to bob along the water.

R O B E R T

I'll admit, I don't know much about Richard, only what Kimberly has told me. But what I do know is that I don't like him being here.

I wonder if he knows who I am?

I sit there going over eerie possible outcome in my head until Kim's uncle Rhys and his best friend Ricky approach me and start up a conversation.

An hour goes by of laughing with the two boys until I can't help but notice Richard making his way over to the hot tub. A gazebo covered the tub and the covers were pulled across stopping any cold breeze from sweeping last anyone indulging in the water, but it also stood me from seeing and hearing what was going on. All I could see was two black silhouettes, one being Kim alone in the hit tub, and the other being the man standing outside it.

I could eel my blood begin to boil.