30• money

After the kids whining for half an hour about wanting to get in the pool they didn't even end up going in so today is they day.

The sun is shining and it's extremely hot. I woke up this morning to my brother Adrian jumping all over me and Robert. Adrian is three while our sister Caitlin is five.

"Kimmie, kimmie" he called as he bounced on me. "Woooob" he added.

Robert opened his eyes to see my brother bouncing all over him and he soon sat up and started to tickle him. "What's wrong bud?" He asked, a large smile spread across his face.

I sat up and leaned against the headboard, covering myself with a blanket. I was wearing clothes, of course I was, there was no way in hell I was risking my father coming in the bedroom to see me and Robert half naked. I was wearing a vest top and pink shorts.

I was admiring how Robert and Adrian got along so well, Robert used to say he didn't want kids purely because of the world we live in. He didn't believe it was a good place to bring a child up in. But lately he's been hinting that he wanted kids, but he had never said it.

He was so good with kids and I couldn't help but smile at the scene that was unfolding in front of me. "Can we go in pool?" Adrian asked Robert making him nod.

"Why don't you ask your sister where your swimming costume is and then I'll get you dressed to go in okay?" Robert told the young boy while poking his cheek lightly.

"Kim?" He turned to me to which I stood from the bed. I walked over to the bag full of pool things and grabbed out a pair of trunks for Adrian and a little yellow swimming costume with a little frill that looked like a skirt for Caitlin.

"Go and get Caitlin and grace quickly and then we'll get you all ready" I smile at my baby brother and he runs out of the room, a large smile on his face.

I walk over to Robert and sit in the bed in front of him. "Are you going to go in the pool?" I ask him.

He takes a moment to think before answering. "Why not?" He smiles making me do the same. I stand from my seat once again and start looking through my box that holds my swimming costumes. "Wear one of your Disney ones" I head Roberts voice chime in from behind me.

"Which one?" I call back, looking through the three Disney themed ones I own. One is beauty and the beast themed, it's a solid yellow with a small rose in the middle of the bra part. The bra section of the swimming costume had strips of material that goes around your arms rather than over your shoulders like a regular bikini top would. the bottoms were low rise, solid yellow with a frill, making it look like a skirt.

Another was a frozen one which covered most of my torso, the top half along with the bottom half were a solid blue while the midsection was sheer blue material that was still made for water, it was sparkly. In the middle of the top half there was a snowflake placed in between each cup.

The final one was a solid blue two pieces with a cold stripe at each section. The straps went around the arms rather than over the shoulder just like my beauty and the best themed one. There was a blue gem in the centre and the bottom half was high waisted. It was Aladdin themed. They were my favourite.

"Princess jasmine ones" Robert smiles, knowing that's my favourite I grab them out and start walking to my door, going to find my siblings. "Baby" Robert calls for me, an arm out in my direction.

I make my way over to him. He still sitting in the bed, his hand low holding my right one, smiling up at me. "I love you" He smiles making me grin like a mad person.

I lean down and connect our lips, smiling slightly into the kiss. "I love you too" and just to ruin the moment, grace walks in.

My other two siblings trail behind her, large smiles on their faces. "I don't have anything to wear, didn't realise you would be this loaded" grace shrugged. I roll my eyes and walk back over to my box of swimming costumes, pulling out a plain black bikini and throwing it at her.