Always Chapter 27

⚠️LAST CHAPTER⚠️

JOSH POV

Blue skies, sparkling water and a great breeze. I must be in heaven. But in reality, I'm filming in Hawaii. Then again, Jen and I are back together. So maybe it is heaven.

We've been back filming for about 4 months, and dating for 3. I love her so much, but I don't know what I'm going to do. I can't tell her I love her, because I don't want to get rejected again.

"Hey," Jen comes over and sits down beside me. "We're on in ten." I look up. I haven't even noticed they were setting up for us just now.

"Thanks," I say and grab her hand. "Shall we?" I smile.

We start walking over to the far side of the beach where we're filming. Francis hands us a script. "Start rehearsing!"

I glance at the paper. We're filming a part where Peeta gives Katniss a pearl. I look over at Jen, and she's staring into the distance. "What's wrong?" I ask. She replies "nothing, just thinking about this. And stuff like this happening to me."

I'm confused. Do I not put in enough effort? Do I need to buy her more things? What am I doing wrong?

That evening, I'm lying in bed, still thinking about today. I have to do something. I text Claudia.

Me: Hey, Claudia. I need to talk about something.

C: Josh, I don't need to bring that kind of stuff back into my life.

I call her.

"C, it's Josh. I need to talk about Jen. She's been unhappy lately, and I want to help her."

Claudia sighs.

"Josh, don't you see it? She loves you, and knows how to say it, but she doesn't know how to say she loves you so much she wants to marry you."

The shock doesn't register for a couple seconds. But when it does, I'm completely terrified. I want to propose to her, but how?

I take a deep breath. "Claudia, can you help me pick a ring?"

She says "sure, Josh" but then adds "we'll have to be pretty sneaky so we can keep this a secret."

I think about it for a moment. "Okay, fine. We'll meet tomorrow afternoon."

JEN POV

I wake up late because we're not filming today. I slip into some slippers and head downstairs. "Hey, Josh" I yawn.

"Hey, Jen" he replies, sounding oddly upbeat.

"Wanna go see a movie this afternoon?" I ask hopefully.

"Can't, I'm busy." he dismisses my offer quickly.

Disappointed I say "okay, I'll ask Claudia."

He suddenly turns around and shakes his head. "No, she's busy this afternoon too. Going somewhere with Emma."

Huh. That's weird. Why does he know her schedule so well? and I thought Emma was in Cuba right now, I just texted her about it this morning. Ah well. Maybe Josh meant someone else.

{A few days later}

Josh has been acting so weird lately. He's been rushing around the house, and leaving frequently. Always for a different reason. What's even more weird is that Claudia is always busy at the same time as him. I want to dismiss that thought from my head, but I can't quite seem too. Josh has always been the best person around me, and I don't understand why he would cheat on me with his former girlfriend. He's the most loyal person I know. Still, it hurts to think that because Claudia is my friend and I trusted her.

{A few more days later}

We're sitting in a park with a picnic blanket and lunch. Josh sits beside me and says "I don't know if this is the right time to say this, but then again it probably never will be."

I'm scared. What if this is about Claudia? What if he's breaking up with me for her?

I can't let this happen. "Josh, I'm sorry. I know what you've been doing with Claudia and I can't take it. I'm leaving." I run out of the park, and sit down by the waterfront and cry. What did I just do?

Josh comes running after me. For a while he just stands back, then sits down beside me and hugs me. Then he starts talking to me.

"Jen, I never meant for any of that to happen. I don't like Claudia as anything more than a friend. I was just getting some advice from her about something for you. I love you, and I wanted for it to be a nice surprise. I'm really sorry you thought I was doing other stuff with Claudia. I love you, I really do. I can't imagine being with anyone but you, okay? So please, please don't be mad at me. I love you."

He stands up and reaches for my hand. I stick it out, and when I slip my hand into his it fits perfectly. We start walking, hand in hand a for a few feet, but then he stops and turns to me. Suddenly, he's down on one knee.

"Jennifer Shrader Lawrence, you are the most amazing person I know and words can't describe how beautiful you are. Will you do me the honour of marrying me?"

With that he pulls out a ring.

The words glide off my tongue.

"Yes."

I look out at the sky, a beautiful array of colours. Then I look into Josh's eyes. They're a deep brown, eyes you could stare at for hours and not get tired of.

"I love you, Josh Hutcherson. Always."

But, yeah, that is it guys! thanks to the people that have read this fanfic all the way through, and thanks for putting up with my terrible writing skills and lack of updates. Ily! (and X***you still haven't written anything. You must.)
[side note the girl written above was an asshole apparently, it's weird how things change]

THANKS FOR READING,  ILYSM AND GOODBYE FOR NOW!