Always chapter 18

Hello joshippers (like the name? comment if you do please)
So I did a new cover, do you think it's good? I love it because JOSH AND JEN AS LITTLE KIDS HUGGING OMG THE FEELS

Sorry. Random fangirl attack.

So, I present to you always chapter 18. Enjoy. Or don't, we all have opinions.

JEN POV
Josh Hutcherson is dying. The doctors confirmed it. But I already knew. What will happen when- no, if. Stay optimistic. If he goes. What will my life become, what will his family feel like? What about the Hunger Games, and the filming of Catching Fire? (A/N if you didn't already know this is after filming the hunger games and the break before filming catching fire)

So many questions, so few answers.

JOSH POV
I can feel machines bleeping and doctors talking, and another voice. One that I would recognize anytime. Jennifer Shrader Lawrence.

UNKNOWN PERSON FROM CAPITAL S SOMEWHERE POV (also known as the narrator, even though there isn't one.)

Jen has been at Josh's side for days. The doctors are doubting his chances of surviving. They say 40% and decreasing, fast. Jen is starting to lose hope and Josh is starting to panic.

JOSH POV
I can hear everything they're saying. 40% chance of living has gone down to 30%. I don't think Jen has left my side since I've been here. She holds my hand, day and night. I don't know how she does it. The last time I talked to her I was a complete asshole. Why did she forgive me? If I were in her position I would never, after what I said.

One month later...

JEN POV
Josh is running purely on machines. His heart is still beating, but weakly. It's been exactly one month, two weeks and three days since Josh's car accident. It's still unclear what happened as the driver drove away and there was only one witness, Josh, who is "not available for comment."

A day later, I get called over to the intensive care head doctors office.

"Ms. Lawrence, if Mr. Hutcherson does not show a steadily improving condition with the next few days we will most likely turn the machines off. I suggest you prepare for the worst."

Anger bubbles up inside of me. "You 'suggest is prepare for the worst'? what are you saying, that we might as well give up on him. That he's a lost cause. No. Josh Hutcherson is a fighter. He will pull through. You are wrong."

With that I storm out of the office and run to the room where Josh is lying. I wish he would suddenly be awake but something says he will never be. I don't say anything, just grab his hand and cry. After a while, I say "I'm sorry Joshy. I lost you and now they've lost hope in you. I'm so sorry. I screwed up, horribly. I can't do this without you Joshy. Come back."

JOSH POV
I want to wrap my arms around her and comfort her while she lies on my chest. I want to tell her that she's beautiful, tell her that she's loved. Tell her I will be with her, always.

THREE DAYS LATER
STILL JOSH POV
All I hear is whimpering, then silence. Everything around me is dark, and the outside world is completely separated from me, but I know what the doctors are about to do. I feel Jen's soft lips press onto mine, and hear her whisper something to me.

Suddenly, the machines stop beeping. I only think of one thing. Always.