Always chapter 22

I just realized that wattpad is such a nice place. I mean I just got 8k (really not trying to brag here, sorry, just trying to prove a point. I actually think that many reads on my story is all me hallucinating.) so after that many reads, I haven't gotten a single hateful thing. Not in the comments, my message board or inbox. And this isn't just for my story, every story I've read has like 0-2 hate comments, total, in like 40 chapters. I love this app, it's great because of that. And thank you all so much for reading this so far, even though there are long gaps between updates. Love you guys (almost wrote live you hoes. Oh god.) and here is the next chapter:

JOSH POV
My first reaction is to protect Jen. My second, to tell her always. My third, protect her more. I cover her body, holding her hand the whole time. "It'll be alright" I whisper. "I love you" she whispers back. I close my eyes, not wanting to see our attacker. That's when a shot goes off. I expect pain, but don't get any. I look up in confusion. Is everything alright? For one blissful moment, I think it is. Then I see Jen. I scream "Call 911!" and look up at the holder of the gun. I can't recognize the face.

JEN POV
I can feel Josh holding me in his arms, but the world is fading away.

JEN POV
I wake up from the darkness slowly, with unfamiliar sounds around me. I look to my left. A doctor. To my right. A nurse. I look up. A man. Not a doctor or a nurse, he's not wearing a white coat. Who is he? He's saying my name. Now hugging me. Now leaning in... NO! "I DON'T KNOW YOU!" I shout. "Get away from me!" As I see the hurt in his eyes, I soften my tone. I try to remember him. I think back. The very beginning. Louisville, Kentucky. Growing up. School. Not being allowed to play with the girls because I was too rough. Riding horses. High school. Being a cheerleader. Going to New York... getting cast. Modelling. Acting. A few years later, more acting. This is where I stop. I'm confused. I remember this. But I don't. There are two men. I can't remember their names, or their faces. I know that I did movies with them. One I loved very, very much. The other cheated on me. The one I loved and I told each other something, but I don't know what. I look up again and blink. Two men are there now, arguing. Two men. It's them. But how can I know for sure. I don't know their faces, their names. Absolutely nothing. I just feel it. But who's who?

One shouts at me. "Jen, don't trust Josh. He's a liar. Do not trust him. He cheated on you."

I'm confused. This doesn't seem right. "Just go, would you?" The man who shouted just now leaves, but with a struggle.

"You too" I say to the other man. His puppy dog brown eyes look hurt, but he stands his ground, his stocky frame strong as he looks at me. Then he silently walks out.

The doctors give me some time on my own. I pull out my iPhone and start googling my name. I want to see if I can make sense of anything that's happened with the two guys. I type in "Jennifer Lawrence and..." and the results are:
Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult
Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper
Jennifer Lawrence and boyfriend
Jennifer Lawrence and Josh hutcherson
Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth
Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams
Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Watson

I rule out the last two, both girls. I remember Liam. He played gale in the hunger games. He was basically my brother, there can't be anything with him. I don't remember Bradley cooper, Josh hutcherson or Nicholas Hoult though. And I may as well try the boyfriend one. I start with Bradley cooper. Nothing. I try "Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley cooper dating"

Also nothing, except for me dropping the f bomb on him. Typical me.
I google me and Nicholas Hoult. It says that we were dating but broke up a while ago. It can't be him, even though these memories are muddles I know they're to recent. I try josh hutcherson. A bunch of stuff comes up about us, but nothing confirming that we're actually dating. I guess we're just friends. I wonder why it doesn't feel right. I move on.

"Jennifer Lawrence and boyfriend"

This one is different. There are some about me and Nicholas Hoult, which by now I assume was the second man, who said Josh was lying. Josh must be josh hutcherson.

Then there are others about me and josh. Apparently lots of people like us together, so I google josh hutcherson and Jennifer lawrence cute couple.

One link that really intrigues me is a tumblr site called joshifer.com.

I click on it and start scrolling. There are a bunch of pictures of Josh and I laughing. I notice how comfortable it is, to have "josh and i" roll off my tongue.

I continue scrolling when I get to a set of videos. The first third are all josh, saying nice things about me. The second third is me talking about Josh. The last is us together during interviews, talking and laughing. We look like we have a really special relationship. I sigh. That would be nice. That's when I realize it. I want Josh. And I know what we said.

Always.

MKAY PEOPLE
nothing against Nicholas Hoult. Just the villain in this story. Please don't think I'm trying to make him seem like a horrible person in real life.

Little shoutout to joshifer.com
It's my absolute favourite joshifer site. Like the things on there are just sassy poodle emoji/ cactus middle finger emoji. In other words, perfect. 🐩🎍