Always chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

JOSH POV
I wake up slowly. When I open my eyes I see Jennifer resting on my chest like I am a pillow. I smile. I may as we'll leave her like that, she looks so adorable with beautiful blonde hair. Wait what? Did I just say that? Why do I think she's pretty. She's my best friend, nothing more. I know she's single now, but I like our friendship too much to risk ruining it by asking her out.

JEN POV
I wake up right after Josh. I immediately find myself immersed in his cut jawline and deep brown gold-flecked eyes. But that's impossible. I broke up with Nick yesterday. I'm not over him yet. I can't like anyone yet, and definitely not Joshy. He's Josh. Nothing else. Or is he?
Then something else weaves into my train of thoughts. Paris. I need someone to go with. I can't wait or rebook because I have to go before Catching Fire filming starts. I may as well take Josh, we have pretty much the same schedule, what with upcoming Hunger Games and Catching Fire interviews.
"Joshy?" I murmur. "Do you want to go to Paris with me? I was going to go with... you know but obviously there has been a change of plans". Suddenly, I grow quiet as the reminder of last night's events hits me, but Josh breaks the silence quickly.

"Sure" Josh says immediately and I wonder if he ahas the same feeling for me. I brush off all suspicions and focus on what I will pack for Paris.
"What are we going to have for breakfast?" Josh says, interrupting my thoughts once again.

Oh. Heh. Haven't thought of that yet.
"I guess we'll go to Applebee's and grab some lunch. It's past noon."
Josh agrees and we head out.
We are soon swarmed by paparazzi shouting at us. I guess they heard about our recent breakups—which is ridiculous and an unfortunate invasion of privacy. Sometimes I just want a break. As if he could read my mind, Josh remarks "that rat Nicholas probably told them about our breakup. Sad that our life is publicized, isn't it?"

I nod my head yes, and duck down as we make our way to Josh's car. I stare out into the bright flashes of the camera and debate Josh's wording. He said our life, does that mean he thinks we're really close? Or am I completely overcomplicating things?

Josh starts to speak.
"I hope the paps are less insulting in..."
I cover his mouth.

JOSH POV
I wonder if Jen can feel sparks flying as she cover my lips. I barely hear the paparazzi shouting as Jen says "we can't let them know." I am too captivated by her.

This chapter was short as shit sorry guys but that's all that needed to be in this chapter and I would have totally f'd up the story if it was longer. Suck it up.