Always chapter 26

JEN POV
I pull away from the kiss. "Josh, it's not right. I shouldn't be kissing you." Even though, it feels so, so, right I can't have drama right now. To my surprise, he nods. "I understand. I'm sorry."

JOSH POV
I'm confused. I wasn't the only one kissing there. She kissed me back. I don't think I can stand being with her when I know where my feelings lie. "Jen, I've got an appointment" I randomly make an excuse and continue. "I've got to rush out. Talk to you later?"

She nods and I grab my coat, practically running out the door.

It's the next day when Jen calls.

My heart leaps. I'm glad she's calling me, but I don't want to show it.

"Hey Jen..." I say, as casually as possible.

"Hey Josh, you want to hang out tomorrow? I'm free all day."

"Oh, yeah, sure! Movie time?"

"Of course" I can practically hear her smiling over the phone.

"Whose house?"

"I'll host, order a pizza and see you in an hour?"

I agree, and say bye. This hour is going to take a whole long time to pass.

4 hours later, I leave Jen's house, happiness bubbling in my throat. I'm conflicted, however. I can't just stay friends. I know I still love Jen.

JEN POV
I'm hanging out with Josh again, something we do almost daily now. Days without any filming are pretty boring, except for occasional publicity stunts. It's gotten to be pretty normal, just talking to Josh.

But today, it feels different. I notice more details about Josh, things that I haven't noticed before. The soft curve of his hair as it slicks around the side if his head. The spark in his eyes when he smiles brightly. His strong jawline, that changes slightly when he grins. The little lilt in his voice that comes out when he talks about something he loves... so many little details that make me like him so much. I don't want to though... it's like a battle between myself. One that I can't win.

JOSH POV
I've been hanging out with Jen all day, almost every day. And it's made me realize that there is no way we can be "just friends". I love her. And deep down, I think she loves me back.