Always chapter 12

A/N: remastered
Holy shit divergent was absolutely AMAZING. LOVED it. But it will never be as good as the book. I'll usually update every other day from now on but today is an exception because I want an update from @JLawKatniss16 (I love bribes)

Without further ado....

JEN POV
"...If I go to the hospital for a bit" I finish. Josh looks surprised but understanding. "I feel like I've been so overwhelmed lately what with all the twists and turns that I need some time away from the spotlight, where I can hopefully get some medical advice for how I'm feeling right now."

Josh swallows. Alright Jen, I will most certainly help you do that. I support this decision since you feel it is the best.

We drive to the hospital and I consider my options. Finally, I decide to stay in the hospital for a few days under the care of a Dr. Pierre. He'll be the one to help me through this time, I am told.

I hug Josh goodbye and whisper "I'll see you soon. Enjoy Paris!"

Josh POV: (a couple days later)
I wonder if I should order room service now. Maybe I should go out, finallyIt must be noon. I turn on my phone to check the time. Instead of the time I see

One missed call- From Jennyfir

My Jennifer.

Oh my god I have to call her. Now.

The phone starts to ring, but almost immediately gets picked up.

"Jennifer?" I say

"JOSHY!" She replies.

I have never been so glad to hear someone's voice.

1 day later.... still in Josh POV

Since yesterday, Jen and I have been texting, calling and facetiming 24/7. We can't get enough of each other.

Jennifer's text tone, girl on fire, sounds. Right away I read her text. •Joshy- I'm coming home today! can u come pick me up and we could go 4 dinner or something• the text says.

•sure!• I reply, hopefully not too eagerly. I have to get something special planned.

JEN POV

I check the time. 5:00. Josh should be here any minute now. I have on a nice dress (at least as nice as it gets after being in the hospital for a few days) and I have tried to make my hair and makeup somewhat acceptable. I hope it's alright.

After about fifteen minutes, I hear someone enter the room and I glance up. It's Josh! Finally!

We hug and he squeezes me tight.

"You have no idea how long I have waited to do this" I whisper to him. "I will stay with you, always."

After a few moments we pull away. "Where are we going?" I ask.
"You'll see." He says mysteriously. I hope this is good. We've been talking for so long I barely notice when we pull in to our destination. It's an adorable little café but at the same time it looks really sophisticated. "It's perfect" I exhale and say to Josh. He looks happy, and I'm glad I could make him that way.

After an amazing meal we head out, but not to our car. Instead he pulls me along a sidewalk and after a few minutes of slow but satisfactory walking we reach our destination. I glance across at it. Or rather, up. We are at THE EIFFEL TOWER.

"Thank you so much!!" I say to Josh, bursting with joy.

"A perfect night for my perfect Jen" he replies.

We make our way up the tower. When we get to the top we look out to the sunset.

"Stay with me?" I stare into Josh's eyes.

"Always" he says right back.

And then sparks fly.