Always chapter 9

(This chapter was really crappy so it has been redone, sorry this is just a quick substitute)

I'm having second thoughts about leaving. Of course. Great decision making skills here, Jen. The cabby turns around to me "Qu'est-ce que tu as  dit?" He says. Using my broken French, I respond "Je.. excuse? Ce n'est pas, umm, importante?" Of course, I spoke my thoughts aloud again. Luckily, the cabby just gives a jolly laugh and continues on to take me to a hotel.

"Wait!" I suddenly blurt out. Once again, the cab driver turns around to me, this time giving me an amused and questioning look. I tell him to let me out just here. He sounds surprised when he responds in accented English, but follows my request.

(A/N this next part uses characters from Stephanie Perkins' Anna and the French Kiss [I recommend it], but none of these characters are my creations [except for my versions of Jen and Josh], the same goes for the specific locations mentioned)

I get out of the car and glance around. A sign in front of a stately building reads "School of America in Paris". Good. I think to myself. They'll probably speak English and can direct me if needed. I'm able to orient myself with my surroundings, so I decide to try to head north, back to my hotel with Josh. However, after a few minutes, I'm already lost. A couple is emerging from a theatre to my right, talking about an old film in English. Perfect. I think, and approach them. They tell me directions to get back to my hotel which, as it turns out, is only a quick walk away. On my way there, I think of the couple. The girl had a blond stripe in her hair, which the boy was constantly touching. They stared at each other like they were the only things in the world that mattered. I hope that one day, Josh and I will be like that. Or maybe we already are, I don't know...