Chapter 37: Noah's laugh

Começar do início

"That's a really cool one" I say walking closer to her "You think he'll like it?" she questions shifting her gaze towards me "I think he'll love it" I assure her "You should really get it" I add, "I think I will" she smiles "And I'll get him like some cool shirts, just to add" she shrugs. She suddenly gasps as if something hit her causing me to look at her with wide eyes, "I just got such a good idea" she squeals "I'll prank him!" she grins. 

"I'll give him the shirts and pretend its the only thing I got him before surprising him with the scooter" I chuckle "Go for it, it'll be funny". 

We keep walking around the store finding different things for Auggie, I end up carrying Noah as if he's a plane because he seems to be enjoying that and he keeps bursting into his contagious laugh making both Riley and I laugh along with him. 

~🍼~

~🍼~

We head back to the apartment after our shopping spree and rapidly hide everything in Riley's room before Auggie sees us since he's in his room playing with Ava and Evs. Once we make sure everything is hidden in her closet and Auggie won't be able to find anything, we head back downstairs since Topanga has Noah and I have to feed him. 

"Where's my little Pumpkin?" I question walking towards his stroller to get Noah's blanket before looking for Topanga and finding her on the couch making Noah laugh by tickling him and making a bunch of funny faces. I smile hearing him laugh and walk closer to her to stand next to her, "I love his laugh" she laughs as I nod in agreement "Yeah me too" I smile brightly taking a seat next to her on the couch "It's my favourite sound". She places him on her lap and pouts when she sees me hold out my hands, indicating that I want my son. "Do you have to take him?" she asks with a sad smile, hugging him closer to her, "Yes" I chuckle "He needs to eat" she sighs and hands him over to me. "Thank you" I giggle kissing Noah's cheek before getting myself situated to breastfeed him whilst covering myself up. 

"When are you planning to stop breastfeeding?" Topanga asks curiously as I get Noah to latch on, "Um- I'm not exactly sure, maybe until he turns one or maybe 10 months it honestly depends with how he eats" I answer as she nods in agreement. "I'm going to miss it though" I admit with a sigh, "Really? I thought breastfeed was uncomfortable" Riley says with a confused look "No" I shake my head "I mean you get used to it but its just sort of a bonding time, its hard to explain" she shrugs "Something I'll have to experience with my own kids".

We carry on talking until Noah finishes and I put him down for a nap in Riley's room, once he's fast asleep I go back downstairs and find Riley looking at me with a weird face, when she usually does that face it means she's nervous or she's hiding something. "Riles what's up?" I question crossing my arms over my chest as I look at her sceptically, "The gang is coming over to hang out" she bites her lip. 

"Okay" I shrug "What's the face for?" I ask moving to take a seat on the couch and grabbing the remote. "That also means Zay and Liv" at the mention of her name I tense up slightly but try and play it off "So?" I question glancing back at her with my brow arched. "So? Maya last time I remember the both of you aren't exactly friends" I sigh and run my fingers through my hair "We aren't but I'm not going to leave, I'm staying for Zay but if she opens that disgusting mouth of hers I won't hold back like last time, she'll get a real piece of Maya Hunter".