Chapter 19: Thanksgiving

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Matthews" I smile walking towards him, "Maya" he says happily pulling me in for a quick hug, "How's life?" He asks curiously making my brows furrow, "You saw me yesterday" I remind him but he shrugs, "A lot can change in a few hours" I roll my eyes "I'm gonna go see Riles" I quip heading towards the stairs to go to my best friend's room.

"Riley!" I squeal throwing her bedroom door open without knocking. My smile immediately falls when I find my best friend sitting on her bed with tears running down her face whilst she clutches onto her phone. "Oh my God, Riley what's wrong?" I quickly ask rushing towards her and pulling her in for a hug.

As soon as my arms wrap around her she breaks and starts sobbing. My heart sinks seeing my best friend like this, Riley was always a bundle of joy and no matter what happened, I always made sure she had a smile on her face. "Riles what happened?" I softly ask, pulling away from her only slightly. I lift my hand and wipe her tears as she tries to compose herself to talk to me.

"I-I h-had a f-fight w-with L-Lucas" she stutters before another wave of tears hit her. "Oh honey" I coo pulling her back against me, "It's gonna be okay" I try and assure her but she shakes her head and pulls away.

"No" she groans wipping her eyes, "We were talking about universities and-and he admitted that he wants t-to go to-to UCLA" she explains "Whilst I-I want to go t-to NYU" she adds making me sigh.

"Riles, look at me" I turn her face making her eyes lock against my own. "You love him right?" She nods instantly, "Of course I do" she answers making me smile. "Than trust me when I say that no matter what happens in the future, if your love is as strong as it is, nothing can come between the two of you" I admit "Even if you end up in different universities it won't change how you feel about each other, I know it's going to be hard but life was never meant to be easy" she bites her lip and wipes her nose.

"Besides nothing is decided yet" I remind her, pushing away a strand of her hair away from her face and tucking it behind her ear. "He might change his mind who knows?" I shrug "But right now I don't really want to see my best friend crying on this joyous Thanksgiving day. Especially when it's her cousin's first Thanksgiving" I smile, she chuckles and nods.

"You're right" she smiles "Thank you Maya" I wave her off and pull her in for a hug, "Anything for you Riles" we both pull away and get up from her bed. "Let's go celebrate Pumpkin and Turkey" she squeals making me laugh, there is my Riley.

~🍼~

Everyone is here. Except for Eric, he was the only one in the family missing today. My parents are here as well as Josh's parents along with his older sister Morgan. She wasn't exactly thrilled to hear about her little brother knocking up his girlfriend, she was disappointed to say the least but as soon as she walked through the door and her eyes landed on the baby in Josh's arms, it seemed like she was never mad or disappointed at all.

She was more than thrilled to meet her new nephew and once she had him in her arms she didn't want to let him go, that was until he started getting a little fussy because he was hungry and it was his nap time. I'm currently in Riley's room, breast feeding him and humming along to a soft lullaby. His eyes flutter close enable to stay awake for much longer. He finishes seconds later and I burp him before laying him on Riley's bed to get him to sleep. As soon as he's out, I place a soft kiss on his forehead, turn on the baby monitor and glance at him once more to make sure he can't fall off the bed.

Once everything is fine, I skip downstairs right as Topanga calls everybody for dinner. I take my usual seat next to Riley and Josh takes his seat on my other side. When everybody is seated and gazing at the food in front of them, ready to devour and enjoy every single bite, Auggie gets everybody's attention.

"Can I starts saying what I'm thankful for?" He asks hopefully as he gazes at his father. "Of course Auggie" Cory agrees making the little boy smile. "Today I am very thankful for my parents who help me be a better person every day, for my sister who helps me with my homework, for Josh and Maya who gave me a cute cousin and obviously the rest of my family that I love" he finishes making a wide smile pull at my lips. "That was very sweet Auggie" Topanga smiles making everyone nod in agreement.

After Auggie the rest of the family has a turn to say what they're most thankful for and when it's my turn, I already have tears filling my eyes, every single one of them were thankful for my son. They all were happy to have him in their live and that made me happier than I could've ever imagined. "Maya" Josh murmurs snapping me out of my thoughts. I look around and find everyone waiting for me to talk, "Oh um" I bite my lip and quickly wipe my tears. Josh wraps his arm around me and kisses my temple making my heart swell. "I'm obviously extremely thankful to have a healthy adorable little boy that I love to death and can proudly call my son. I'm thankful for Josh" I smile turning to face my boyfriend.

"Who changed my life for the better and showed me a new side of the world, not to mention always being by my side even through my worst days and loved me even though of my flaws" he smiles and I turn the other way to face Riley.

"I'm thankful for the bestest friend I could have ever asked for who's been there since day one" she grins "And always will be" she adds making me smile even wider. "But I'm also extremely thankful for this family, who even though didn't really support what was happening, did eventually come around and helped me with everything. I couldn't of done anything without any of you, so thank you, I love you guys more than you'll ever know" They all smile and clap, Riley and Josh pull me in for a big hug.

"We love you too sweetheart" Morgan says happily. "Little brother it's your turn" Josh nods "I'm thankful for this loving family that has always supported me even when I messed up and helped me do better, but what I'm mostly thankful for is Maya" I look up at him, my blue eyes locking against his own. "The girl who's made my life into the best adventure I could have ever asked for. Without you, I wouldn't have anything, not a person to love and call mine, not even a son that I get to watch grow everyday, not even a family that I get to cherish and love with every ounce of my heart" My eyes fill with tears again as I stare at the love of my life so lovingly.

"I'm thankful for our son, who's healthy and adorable because of me" Everybody chuckles and I hit his arm playfully. "I'm kidding" he laughs "Because of you" I shake my head "Because of us" He smiles and nod.

"He's certainly going to make our life interesting and a lot more fun and I'm grateful to be able to share this life with the two of you" he finishes making everyone cheer. "Let's eat!" Auggie exclaim, everyone agrees but I'm too focused on Josh's words.

"I love you so much baby" he murmurs against my ear. "I love you too Josh" I say happily, turning my face and pressing my lips against his in a sweet short kiss.

~🍼~

"Come on Pumpkin, you can do it" I encourage with a wide smile keeping my gaze fixed on my son. "Just push off a little more" I say wanting to desperately help him but knowing he has to do it on his own.

"He'll make it" Josh assures me quickly kissing my cheek before looking back at Noah who's trying to roll over from his back to his stomach. "You can do it baby boy" I cheer, he struggles for a few seconds but he finally manages to roll over making me extremely excited. Another baby milestone achieved for my little boy.

"Ah! Yay you did it" I squeal hovering over him before leaning down and attacking him with a bunch of kisses. "You're so talented" I coo making him smile, I laugh lean back down for another kiss. "Mama loves you so freaking much" I admit picking him up, he lays his head on my shoulder and my heart swells. I lay my head on top of his and hold him a little tighter, "Gosh I love him so much" I whisper as Josh gazes at the both of us lovingly.

"Good" he quips wrapping him arms around me and pulling me against him. "You have no idea how much I love our little family" he says as I lift my head to look at him. "You both mean everything to me" he leans down and kisses me softly.