Chapter 72

After texting the address to (name), yuri turns off her phone and takes a step to leave her room.

But she is startled by a figure standing right in front of her door.

"Itachi-san! You surprised me!"

She shouts.

"I'm sorry, yuri. Didn't mean to."

He takes a few steps closer towards her.

"Who were you talking to?"

He asks, being curious.

Yuri just puts her head down.

"(Name)."

She answers without hesitation.

Itachi frowns.

"Why? What does she want?"

"She's coming."

Itachi raises up his eyebrow.

"Where?"

"Here."

A helpless sigh comes out of itachi's lips.

"Why is she coming? For what?"

"I'm not sure. But she said she wanted to speak with sasuke-kun."

"Why now?"

"I don't know."

The room becomes silent for a while.

Then, yuri continues.

"But she sounded like she found some kind of resolution. She wants to come here, to be with sasuke-kun. That's what she said."

Itachi can only hauls out another sigh at the unbelievable story he's listening right now. What the hell is in your mind that you decide to come here for that reason?

By what he told you last night, it would be very clear that there's nothing you can do. Not you, and not even sasuke.

"Did you give her the address?"

Yuri nods.

"Why did you give her?"

No answer.

"Don't tell me... you actually hope that she can do something about this? Really?"

"There's nothing wrong in trying, itachi-san. Plus, (name) is not an ordinary girl. She might be able to change grandpa a little bit. We never know, right?"

"But this is our grandfather that we're talking about, yuri. If she fails, a huge punishment will be waiting for her. And you as well. What kind of craziness is going on in your head?"

Yuri doesn't answer to that question.

She just keeps her head low, focusing her blurry gaze onto the floor.

She knows about it, but she wants to try. No matter how impossible it is, she wants to take the risk.

She wants to bet on you and see if you can change her stern grandfather.

Even if this is just a worthless gamble.

"Don't tell me..."

Itachi's words catch her attention again.

She looks at him.

"You're not actually hoping that she can change him so that you don't have to be separated from that hyuuga boy, don't you?"

Yuri bits her lips. Itachi just hits the jackpot.

The truth, behind her intention of helping you.